Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE Touch Screen Problem IOS 11

I just upgraded my SE to IOS 11. Now the touch screen is hard to use. I have to hold things down for a long time and typing is almost impossible. Games don't work because touch is difficult.

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2017 10:50 AM

Hi there, oldovergrad!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with your screen on your iPhone SE. I suggest checking out this article with steps to Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . This article will give you the best steps to try along with what to do if you continue to have issues with the screen.

Have a great day!
36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2017 10:50 AM in response to oldovergrad

Hi there, oldovergrad!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with your screen on your iPhone SE. I suggest checking out this article with steps to Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . This article will give you the best steps to try along with what to do if you continue to have issues with the screen.

Have a great day!

Oct 11, 2017 4:42 PM in response to Briansyddall

how about 11.0.3?

iOS 11.0.3 includes bug fixes for your iPhone or iPad.

This update:

• Fixes an issue where audio and haptic feedback would not work on some iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus devices
  • Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone 6s displays because they were not services with genuine Apple parts

i love how it's not apple's software right up until they release the update that addresses the issue.

Oct 30, 2017 1:20 PM in response to oldovergrad

I have a similar problem.

I got my SE just a few weeks ago and immediately upgraded to 11.0.3, so I can't say if iOS 11 is at fault or not.

In my case, all the touches near the left or right edge (when in portrait mode) of the screen are detected about 5 milimeters closer to the center than they really are. For example to tap the 3 dots icon in the app store (when viewing app details), I have to tap slightly to the left of it.

It is also very obvious in notes when drawing vertical lines in Notes.

Also, I noticed similar behavior on a friends 5S that was also updated to iOS 11.

Nov 11, 2017 5:05 PM in response to oldovergrad

In my case the hit box of buttons in the top left and right corners of the screen in different apps are offset towards the center of the screen. The result is that you have to hunt around the edges of the button to activate it, rather than pressing the middle of the button

An example of how this can be reproduced is:-

1. open the App Store

2. select the search tab

3. insert some text in the search box

4. press the close button

Expected result:

pressing the middle of the button should activate it

iPhone SE 32Gb - ios 11.1.1 - 2 weeks old

Nov 15, 2017 2:44 PM in response to xerces8

Same here. Screen is not registering touches on the left or right edge of the screen. Just go my SE yesterday, updated to 11.1 right away. When trying to go back in iMessage or cancelling the search bar in the Appstore it have to try several times. I hope it is in fact a software issue that they can fix asap. Im coming from a Nexus 5X and so far I'm loving the hardware, but this issue is not letting me fully embrace my new iPhone.

Nov 16, 2017 4:50 AM in response to Kyub

I have a similar problem.

I got my SE just a few weeks ago and immediately upgraded to 11.0.3, so I can't say if iOS 11 is at fault or not.

In my case, all the touches near the left or right edge (when in portrait mode) of the screen are detected about 5 millimeters closer to the center than they really are. For example to tap the 3 dots icon in the app store (when viewing app details), I have to tap slightly to the left of it.

It is also very obvious in Notes app when drawing vertical lines.

Also, I noticed similar behavior on a friends 5S that was also updated to iOS 11.

iPhone SE Touch Screen Problem IOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.