Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safe Note app after iOs 11 Update

I just upgrades my ios on my 7+

After doing so my app "safe note" does not work.

It says the developer of this app needs to update it to work with iOS 11

It then says this app is not currently available in the store. Contact the app developer for more information.

#1 I have no idea who the developer is

#2 I used this to store ALL of my passwords for EVERYTHING

Is there anyway I can get the information out of this app?

TY!!!!!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 7:45 AM

This is my solution for our problem with safe Note v3 in iOS11.

1. Download iPhone BackUP extractor (demo version);

2. Select the BackUp containing your SafeNote (the last working backUp for me, created before updating to iOS 11);

3. When iPhoneBackUP extractor terminates the scan, Select SafeNote in the list of APP present in your BackUP;

4. The number of file and Database recorded in Safe Note will be displayed (see figure attached);

User uploaded file

5. Select "All databases: Extract 1" (the free version of "iPhone BackUP extractor" allow you to extract limited number of files. We need the only one I indicated)

6. The "iPhone BackUP extractor" will save the following file (for example on your desktop): "\library\ProvateDocuments\CoreDataNotes.sqlite"

7. You can open this file with TextEdit and you can browse it in order to recover your password, otherwise you can download the software (freeware) "DB Browser for SQLite" [Releases · sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser · GitHub] and Browse data fo database and export every note saved in Safe Note in a natty way.

I hope this helps everything have my same problem.

EmuX

174 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2017 7:45 AM in response to beejayrn

This is my solution for our problem with safe Note v3 in iOS11.

1. Download iPhone BackUP extractor (demo version);

2. Select the BackUp containing your SafeNote (the last working backUp for me, created before updating to iOS 11);

3. When iPhoneBackUP extractor terminates the scan, Select SafeNote in the list of APP present in your BackUP;

4. The number of file and Database recorded in Safe Note will be displayed (see figure attached);

User uploaded file

5. Select "All databases: Extract 1" (the free version of "iPhone BackUP extractor" allow you to extract limited number of files. We need the only one I indicated)

6. The "iPhone BackUP extractor" will save the following file (for example on your desktop): "\library\ProvateDocuments\CoreDataNotes.sqlite"

7. You can open this file with TextEdit and you can browse it in order to recover your password, otherwise you can download the software (freeware) "DB Browser for SQLite" [Releases · sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser · GitHub] and Browse data fo database and export every note saved in Safe Note in a natty way.

I hope this helps everything have my same problem.

EmuX

Oct 11, 2017 6:37 AM in response to EmuX

The solution from EmuX definitely works and I got back every single record from Safe note!

Here is the link for the extractor

https://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/free-download/

Here is the link for the DB Browser

DB Browser for SQLite (use this to open the sqlite file that iphonebackupextractor creates

http://sqlitebrowser.org

As EmuX said, make sure you are n the Browse Data Tab and in the main window on left side, scroll right until you see the column headings ZTitle and ZText – this is where you should find all your missing records

User uploaded file

Then on the DB Browser menu right at the top of your screen (when you have DB browser open), there is an option to export your information as a csv file .... there will be a few columns of rubbish that you do not need but all your data should be there - if it works as well as it did for me

User uploaded file

What a life Saver ... !!!

Sep 26, 2017 3:21 PM in response to momofall

My Apologies! I failed to notice that "s" at the end of the app I was looking at, AND, I am in the US store, whereas you already indicated you were looking at a UK app. (MY BAD!!!)

So, I think you are really shafted here. The website page hasn't been update since 2010, and that is when they introduced their brand new version of the app....2010, let's see - iPhone 4?

Your final post for how to legally get back to the signed 10.3.3 is going to be the best solution for now. Then you might want to look into Secure Notes in your iOS for going forward: Keep your notes secure with password-protection - Apple Support

Don't know if that will help going forward, but I'd highly suggest that you dump SafeNote.... 😮

Best of luck,

GB

Sep 29, 2017 8:35 PM in response to Sthnguyen

Any apps that are no longer in the Apps Store, but which were in your iTunes Library (i.e., you had them downloaded) can be moved back to your device manually via iTunes. If the iOS you are running is not compatible, it's not going to load, but if it is, it will copy to your device and run:

The New iTunes: How to "Sync" Apps no longer av... | Communities

If you did not download the app to your Library, then you won't be able to get it back since it is no longer in the Store.

Best of luck,

GB

Oct 17, 2017 9:06 AM in response to beejayrn

Ok well the company does not exist anymore. It was called "Bedroom Developers LTD".

This ***** but the workaround that was stated in the blog about using the "iphonebackupextractor" and the sql browser works like a charm !

Follow vkirbys and EmuX steps and it will work. It did for me ! THANKS BY THE WAY VKIRBYS and EmuX !!!!!!!

Just so you don't have to look for it...here it is...

The solution from EmuX definitely works and I got back every single record from Safe note!

Here is the link for the extractor

https://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/free-download/

Here is the link for the DB Browser

DB Browser for SQLite (use this to open the sqlite file that iphonebackupextractor creates

http://sqlitebrowser.org

As EmuX said, make sure you are n the Browse Data Tab and in the main window on left side, scroll right until you see the column headings ZTitle and ZText – this is where you should find all your missing records

User uploaded file

Then on the DB Browser menu right at the top of your screen (when you have DB browser open), there is an option to export your information as a csv file .... there will be a few columns of rubbish that you do not need but all your data should be there - if it works as well as it did for me

User uploaded file

What a life Saver ... !!!

Sep 26, 2017 7:39 AM in response to tntdio

They advertise that they have 1 million users, thats a lot of unhappy people if they have uploaded IOS 11. I have the same problem and fears other contributors have. If Safe Note are not going to upgrade their App ( at minimal work I understand), then perhaps another developer can be our 'knight in shining armour' and fix the Safe Note problem.

Sep 26, 2017 7:40 AM in response to beejayrn

They advertise that they have 1 million users, thats a lot of unhappy people if they have uploaded IOS 11. I have the same problem and fears other contributors have. If Safe Note are not going to upgrade their App ( at minimal work I understand), then perhaps another developer can be our 'knight in shining armour' and fix the Safe Note problem

Sep 26, 2017 7:58 AM in response to beejayrn

I have the same problem too. I think many people like us used the Safe Note to store passwords and important information. I tried the contact link (www.codedrop.co.uk) of the developer provided by momofall but it appears that it is no longer valid. I wonder if we could downgrade the iOS 11 back to iOS 10.3.3 to retrieve the information. Could Apple support let us know whether it is possible and how.

Sep 26, 2017 1:16 PM in response to beejayrn

This is what I did to get back to Safe Note and retrieve all of my important items:

I restored my iPhone 6s back to a previous backup that has iOS 10.3.3.

I saved any pictures that I had on my phone to an external hard drive BEFORE following these steps. I figured all the other things weren't as critical as getting into my Safe Note file.

Please NOTE, you will loose all items on your device since your last backup!!! Proceed with caution!

You can follow these steps (like I did, from Digital Trends): Not happy with the latest? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10

Once I restored by phone from a previous backup, I was able to open Safe Note and get the data I needed.

Now, I can upgrade to iOS 11 and find another secure app to store my important files.

Sep 27, 2017 9:23 AM in response to momofall

So frustrating. I followed the steps you mentioned and managed to get back to 10.3.3

As soon as I was back, I noticed that some apps were updating, and before my eyes 'Safe Note' disappeared. It now seems to be gone from the app store. I just needed it for 5 minutes to copy out all the notes I had into a supported app. Now that it seems to be gone from my phone, and the app store, I have no idea what to do. Anyone any suggestions ?

Safe Note app after iOs 11 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.