Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just downloaded & installed Ios11 but many apps (apple‘s Included) don’t run

could you please help me?

thanks

<Re-Titled by Host>

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 22, 2017 2:56 PM

7 replies

Sep 22, 2017 2:59 PM in response to ralphbarts

Have you tried any troubleshooting?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).

Restore: Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

Sep 22, 2017 3:11 PM in response to ralphbarts

I have the exact same problem. After iOS 11 update - ALL apps including many Apple apps say "unable to install"

Ive tried all the "typical troubleshooting"

- rebooting (both ways)

- deleting and reinstalling apps

- signing out of icloud rebooting and signing back in

- even a restore to previous version

The only apps that "work" are: messages, phone, find iphone, safari, photos, and camera.

Also I get notifications of calendar events, and email configurations, but trying to open the app says "unable to install"

Each app gets to the "installing" portion of the download, and then just reverts to "greyed out"

If I "set up as new phone" everything works - no problems. But requires you to lose some info and configurations. and manually reconfigure all of your settings.

Spent time with Apple support today and they have no suggestions other than set up as a new device.

This is obviously a bug, I am actually willing to give my phone to apple developers so they can fix the problem for others.

Any ideas? Takers?

iPhone 7

Sep 23, 2017 4:52 PM in response to ralphbarts

In response to all of you,

32 bit apps no longer work in iOS 11.

iOS 11 is an all 64 bit OS.

All 32 bit iDevices have now been rendered unsupported on obsoleted and all 32 bit apps are now unsupported and non-functional/non-working.

Have you tried updating all of your non-functioning apps from the iOS App Store?

Once all of your apps are updated to 64 bit versions, perform a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

Good Luck!

Sep 23, 2017 5:57 PM in response to MichelPM

Thanks. We get that 32 bit apps won’t work.

In fact it’s the first 20 links when you do a google search for “apps not installing iOS 11”.

Unfortunately it’s NOT ABOUT 32-bit apps...

NONE of the App Store apps install - INCLUDING APPLE APPS like calendar, mail, podcasts...

I’ve placed an “bug” incident report with the developers on this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.