Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch screen cracked what should I do

What should I do

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 12:03 PM

Hi

Apple does not offer a screen repair or replacement service for Apple Watch and Apple Watch is not user-serviceable.

If the issue is not covered under warranty, then your Apple Watch may be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service - or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Prices vary by model and region. Apple's out-of-warranty repair prices in the US, for example, are detailed here:

Apple Watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2017 12:03 PM in response to Mikelippert

Hi

Apple does not offer a screen repair or replacement service for Apple Watch and Apple Watch is not user-serviceable.

If the issue is not covered under warranty, then your Apple Watch may be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service - or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Prices vary by model and region. Apple's out-of-warranty repair prices in the US, for example, are detailed here:

Apple Watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Oct 24, 2017 6:38 PM in response to paulfromnorthboro

Do you have the Sport Watch (which is Aluminum) or the Stainless Steel model? I suspect it is the latter since $329 would be about half the retail cost of that model.

There is no discount policy for repairs based upon someone's purchase history. I don't know of any company that has such a policy.

No official from Apple will read this: Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Oct 24, 2017 6:11 PM in response to Mikelippert

I became an Apple customer in 2005 with the purchase of my first iPod, followed quickly by first iMac followed by the first iPhone when it came out. I have bought no less than 4 PC's, 4 phones, 4 iPods and now the Apple Watch 2 (Christmas gift from my dad).

The screen on my watch cracked and I just got back from the apple store in the Solomon Pond Mall in MA. While the watch is still under warrantee, they tech determined it was not due to a manufacturing defect. And while I don't recall ever dropping or hitting it on anything, I was disappointed by I was interested in hearing what could be done. I do very much like my GPS 42mm watch.

First I was told that Apple doesn't replace the watch face, it must be a whole unit replacement. OK, I thought, this could be expensive. They had me unfair my phone while they checked on inventory. They didn't have a replacement unit and at that time explained the cost would be $329 - that is full list price. No discount for a service event or consideration for the fact that I have a long purchase history (which they knew as they had my apple ID).

While the service experience was OK (they didn't have to unpaired my watch), the the Apple policy of not providing any pricing consideration for a needed repair because they designed a non-serviceable product. I hope the marketing department reads this post and considers if this is the experience they were intending.

I am now torn, for the first time, about if I am going to buy another apple watch.

A truly sad day :-(

Paul

Apple Watch screen cracked what should I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.