Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps disconnecting from WiFi

It seems that my 6S running iOS 11 will frequently disconnect from my home WiFi. When I go into the first settings page to see what's up, it will show that no WiFi is connected I then have to go into the next page to see the list of Networks and then have to choose my home network. Eventually, when the phone is sleeping, it will disconnect from WiFi. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 8:14 AM

Hi

Sorry to interrupt this thread but im having the same issue as above and have tried everything including a complete reset of my phone. My WiFi just will not stay connected.

Please help as its really annoying me now.

56 replies

Oct 4, 2017 11:46 AM in response to PurpleRaven

You've probably tried this but if you haven't go into the WiFi settings and find your connected router. Tap on the littie i next to the router's name. First make sure that Auto-Join is turned on. If it is make sure that configure IP and DNS are set to Auto, unless you use a static IP and DNS. After checking all that, I would then tap on Forget This Network at the top of the page. I would then restart the phone and at the same time, reboot the wireless router. Once both are fully rebooted, go back into the Settings>Wi-Fi and tap on your router. You will need to reenter your router password and then join. Again, after you have rejoined that you tap on the little i again and make sure Auto-Join is turned on and configure IP and DNS are set to auto.

If all else fails, you may need to see if your router has a firmware update available.

Sep 26, 2017 9:03 AM in response to Gator5000e

Greetings Gator5000e,

Thanks for posting to the Apple Support Communities. I see that your iPhone keeps disconnecting from your home Wi-Fi. I know it’s important to stay connected to Wi-Fi. I’ll be happy to help.

Here’s an article that provides some basic steps: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Let us know if you have tried any of those steps already.

Take care.

Feb 25, 2018 2:04 PM in response to Gator5000e

I had posted earlier in the thread.

The root cause of my issue is related to the "clustering" feature of the Linksys LAPAC2600 Access Points I'm using. I found this information on the Linksys site

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Access-Points/LAPAC2600-iOS-connectivity-issues/ td-p/1210024

where others using the LAPAC 2600 reported connectivity issues with IOS devices.

The two configurations that are running sucessfully for me are:

• 2.4 GHz, 1 SSID per Access Point, each access point configured independently
    "topfloor", "mainfloor", "bottomfloor"
  • 5.0 GHz, same SSID on all three Access Points, each access point configured independently
    "test" allows me to walk throughout the house without any dropouts

The behaviour that has been eliminated is where I would walk around the house, stand under one of the APs, and my iPhone 7 would switch to LTE :-(

I also changed the DTIM setting on my APs from a default of "1" to "3". This was based on comments in

http://www.sniffwifi.com/2016/05/go-to-sleep-go-to-sleep-go-to-sleep.html

I have not tried backing out this change, as everything is stable at the moment.

Dec 17, 2017 11:05 AM in response to Gator5000e

My phone is doing the same thing! I have turned off the WiFi, released it, reset the phone, turned off Bluetooth, etc. and it keeps dropping. My OS is 11.2.1 and it is an iPhone 6. All the other devices in the house are fine, laptops, iPad, printer etc.

I believe it is something with one of the latest updated. This had never happened before. I also tried turn off a VPN connection but that did not help either. I have taken to turn off my cell service in the house and letting it drop, ugg! It does ask for the password but then connnects anyway. Crazy 😜. I can conclude that it is not the network, or provider but something with the IPhone/OS combination. I have an old 4 iphone and it stays on the network with no issues. Help!

Jan 4, 2018 12:41 PM in response to PCjoy

I am having the exact problem with my iPhone 6S Plus forgetting my home wifi password and dropping wifi and forcing me to re-enter to reconnect.

This also is happening on my 5th gen iPod Touch and my 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9 inch.

In addition, my iPod battery is going bezerk and either running down in a few minutes or the screen gives the red “BatteryLow” warning. But when I plug it in to charge, it has 80% or more life.

Simiarly, my iPad Pro battery no longer charges. AT ALL with the square 5-watt charger that CAME WITH IT. It ONLY takes a charge with a $25 Apple 12-watt rectangular charger I had to buy separately.

ALL these problems appeared after I “updated” IOS to 11.2.

Please. Fix.

Jan 29, 2018 9:33 AM in response to michalek21

Picked up an iPhone 7 recently. Of my 15+ devices, this is the only Apple product. Had random wireless disconnects right out of the gate. Not my first rodeo; I had months of **** with iDevices acting similarly schizophrenic about three years ago, prompting my switch to Samsung Note devices. In any event, the solution that worked for me was breaking out my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks to two separate SSIDs, only allowing the iPhone to recognize one (the 5GHz, set at 40MHz ac, fwiw). Phone handles flawlessly in this scenario. I swear, if an iDevice ever has to make a decision about what to do, it will behave poorly. Don't allow the client to make any kind of decision, and they seem to work ok. Have myriad Android devices and never witness flaky behavior from them. It's like the Linux-versus-BSD driver maturity situation translates neatly to Android-versus-iOS. Good luck.

Jan 31, 2018 12:57 AM in response to Gator5000e

Let me tell you.
I am an IT guy, managing network and wireless at my company. I've been receiving tons of complaint about this. And I spent a lot of time to research this problem. I can say this is a feature of IOS. I'm not trolling.
This feature supposed to help save battery. It seems good.

BUT THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS THAT APPLE DOESN'T LET USER CHOOSE USE OR NOT USE THAT FEATURES. AND I CAN MAKE SURE ANDROID DOES.

I like everything of IOS but this feature.

Apple, please add just one button to turn on/off this feature. I don't think it's so difficult to you.

Feb 4, 2018 10:29 AM in response to Gator5000e

Woo Hoo!!

I finally was able to resolve this issue.

I communicated with Apple support, they have collected the diagnostics data from my iPhone, but they couldnt figure the issue.

they asked me to head to apple genius bar, they couldnt figure the issue.

The decision was to replace my iphone!!

After replacing the iPhone I noticed to have the same issue!!

****!!

have looked into many articles over the net, tried all posted resolutions, nothing did work!!

Until I started playing in the settings and tried different method from my head, I finally was able to find a resolution!

SIMPLY, GO TO THE NETWORK SETTINGS CLICK/TAP/TOUCH ON THE CONNECTED NETWORK

TURN OFF => AUTO-LOGIN

Hope that will work for you!!

iPhone keeps disconnecting from WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.