Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 WiFi dropping

Not sure this is happening with anybody else but after updating to iOS 11 my iPhone 7 plus started to drop the WiFi signal constantly. Sometimes it keeps asking to enter the WiFi password again.

Interestingly, this happens at a spot where my Macbook works perfectly connected to the same WiFi. I haven't changed router, settings, didn't move furniture, etc. The infrastructure is exactly the same, the only difference is iOS 11 running on my iPhone.

Anybody?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 6:03 AM

Hi,

I'm testing the tip #5 I have found here: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/09/fix-ios-11-wifi-problems.html

#5. Disable Wi-Fi Networking Services

Many users have reported that they’ve solved their issues by disabling Wi-Fi Networking under Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. This only relates to your location being used for Wi-Fi Networking, so it doesn’t disable Wi-Fi entirely.

So far so good on my iPhone 7+.

Can anybody check if it solves this WiFi dropping issue on your device?

Good luck!

287 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2017 6:03 AM in response to fpmalard2017

Hi,

I'm testing the tip #5 I have found here: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/09/fix-ios-11-wifi-problems.html

#5. Disable Wi-Fi Networking Services

Many users have reported that they’ve solved their issues by disabling Wi-Fi Networking under Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. This only relates to your location being used for Wi-Fi Networking, so it doesn’t disable Wi-Fi entirely.

So far so good on my iPhone 7+.

Can anybody check if it solves this WiFi dropping issue on your device?

Good luck!

Oct 13, 2017 1:06 PM in response to fpmalard2017

I have the same problems! iOS11 is ****. Wi-Fi constantly drops and is increasing data usage BIG TIME.

Apple when are you going to fix this??? This is terrible no matter what the recommend nothing works.

I tried "Reset Network Settings", "Forget Network" etc. The big question is why as Apple iOS consumers we are forced to do this???

I have done numerous updates with no problems. By resetting your network settings you are essentially wiping all your "historical" Network data. For me that is an issue, I have Wi-Fi setttings from multiple secure locations that I would have not remember.

PLEASE FIX THIS OR LET US ROLLBACK you CRAPPY SOFTWARE!

Sep 26, 2017 5:23 PM in response to fpmalard2017

Hey fpmalard2017,

I can see from your post that the Wi-Fi connection on your iPhone 7 Plus drops sporadically since the update to iOS 11. I don't blame you for reaching out for help as this is a core feature on the iOS and I want to help get this working for you as expected. If you haven't done so already, the following link offers some great info on ways to troubleshoot this and get this resolved.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Get back to us with the results.

Cheers.

Oct 11, 2017 7:27 AM in response to fpmalard2017

Have the same problem with iPhone 8 ans 11.0.2.

As soon, as the iPhone goes to sleep it seems to loose the WiFi signal – I can see it reconnecting when I wake it up.

Also

• sometimes it does not reconnect automatically after waking up from sleep
  • it has DNS-Server troubles (takes nearly forever to connect to the WiFi, any internal IPs are reachable, outside domain names not) in WiFi-enviroments where neither a Macbook Air (macOS 10.13) nor an iPhone 5s/iPad 2 (iOS 10.x) have any troubles connecting automatically

Any comments?

Oct 11, 2017 4:40 PM in response to knospe

My iPhone 7+ has same problem on iOS 11.0.3 / 11.1 PB2

when it goest to sleep, my phone disconnected from wi-fi router and reconnect nearly in 10 minutes.

these disconnection and reconnection to wi-fi router goes in 2-3 hours.

but 2-3 hours later, my phone wi-fi does not reconnect wi-fi router before rebooting.

iPadPro 10.5 and iPadMini2(ios 11.0.3)does not has that problem.

When it was iOS 10.3.3, my phone had nomally connected to same wi-fi router(ASUS AC58U)

phone dfu, Network Reset does not works...

Please Fix It!

Oct 12, 2017 9:09 PM in response to Blaine

I had a similar issue after updating to 11.0.3. I came home from work and noticed that my phone asked me to re enter my WiFi password. I entered it and it kept telling me that the password was wrong. The password has been the same for years and I tried at least 20 times so I know I was not typing it in wrong. I tried turning WiFi on and off, a hard reset of my phone, and resetting network settings. After all of that, I tried turning on airplane mode for a few seconds and then turned it off. After that, I was able to connect and so far so good... not sure if airplane mode was the answer or if I just got lucky. Hope this helps

Oct 14, 2017 4:33 AM in response to fpmalard2017

Same problem here! Iphone 8 plus keeps dropping wifi showing as connected but stops working at random times. I have to go into control panel switch wifi on & off and it works fine for a while...until it drops again. Four other apple devises connected none on ios11 and they work fine! Tried all trouble shooting including reset network settings 3 times and reset router. Clearly its ios11 thats the problem.

iOS 11 WiFi dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.