Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 accessibility zoom issue

Since iOS 11 update, when I use the triple finger tap zoom option, the zoom only works on the top half of my phone. I can move the zoom box up, down, left, and right but it hits an invisible barrier around the center of my phone and won’t go any lower. Also it hits the right edge of my phone like normal but on the left it keeps going off screen. It appears to be thinking my phone is in landscape mode when in reality it is in portrait mode. Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks.

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 11:56 PM

I get this problem on iPhone 6 Plus a lot. My iPad Pro is working fine now. I suspect some bug conflicting with iphone X functionality? I fix it temporarily by closing all apps then hard reboot or sometime soft reboot. The full screen zoom is the only reason I chose Apple iOS products for I am visually impaired. I am very tempted to ditch Apple if they ignore the disabled community. It’s been a few months of agony not being able to read my phone with this bug.

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2017 11:56 PM in response to pucknfruck

I get this problem on iPhone 6 Plus a lot. My iPad Pro is working fine now. I suspect some bug conflicting with iphone X functionality? I fix it temporarily by closing all apps then hard reboot or sometime soft reboot. The full screen zoom is the only reason I chose Apple iOS products for I am visually impaired. I am very tempted to ditch Apple if they ignore the disabled community. It’s been a few months of agony not being able to read my phone with this bug.

Nov 22, 2017 6:57 AM in response to ghassett-bulldog

perhaps this issue will rise to apple’s attention more quickly if this response wasn’t marked as a solution.

i’m seeing this issue marked solved, but it certainly isn’t. i have to continually reboot my iphone after just a half hour or an hour of use.

i’m trying screen lock as it was mentioned in the comments. but even if it does work, it’s not an acceptable solution.

accessibility features need to allow you to use your phone as anyone else would. not force you to keep it in portrait mode or constantly rebooting.’

Nov 22, 2017 10:45 PM in response to sophie..

an update. i contacted apple support today to report this bug..

they are aware of it. it’s been reported and the engineers should be working on it. no eta on the fix though. it wasn’t included in the latest update as the issue is still marked open. (also, i updated to 11.1.2 and no change. this bug is still bugging me.)

screen lock is not an effective workaround. zoom or filter will get stuck in landscape mode without ever having gone to landscape mode.

so i guess i’ll just keep rebooting until they release a fix or i hurl my iphone at the wall, putting it—and me— out of our misery.

feel free to send any questions or feedback for apple to accessibility@apple.com.

Apr 19, 2018 5:51 AM in response to pucknfruck

I still cannot believe this is not yet fixed on version 11.4 beta 2 .

How is this possible ?

After so many IOS versions, is nobody taking this seriously or

they are simply unable to fix this bug ?

when this happens most of the time i touch the screen with three

fingers to activate the real zoom then i retouch the screen with three fingers

and it makes the Zoom disappear, everything is back to normal without rebooting .

But it happens some times the system is kinda crash and the only option is to reboot ...

iOS 11 accessibility zoom issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.