Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra: Mac Mini (late 2012) can't wakeup normally

Since 10.12.5 my Mac Mini crashes (read https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8044568) when waking up from sleep.

I put my Mac Mini into sleep (by menu), then it goes asleep and when I return after several hours I found my mac mini woken up (the small led in front is lit up) but I have a blackscreen on my monitor.

I did everything to solve this (zapping PRAM, SMC Reset, installing from recovery, installing from scratch), nothing seems to help...

My console doesn't give me clear hints. I Hoped High Sierra would solve it for me as it came unexpectedly, but after a few days I had the same problem as I encountered since the 10.12.5 upgrade.

It's very frustrating...

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 11:11 PM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2017 6:20 PM in response to SpooterW

Hello SpooterW,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you’re having some trouble when waking up your Mac, and I have some information that may help.

You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far, and at this point it may help to reach out to Apple support directly using the link below.

Contact - Official Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Nov 7, 2017 10:36 AM in response to SpooterW

Hello there,

Copying and pasting from another discussion...

"Well, my Mac Mini (Late 2012) is having some troubles with the HDMI after macOS High Sierra, not exactly the same as you, but specially after sleep the size of the display is wrong, the dock and the finder are almost out of view, I need to unplug and replug the HDMI cable to fix the issue, more than annoying to be honest.

Any clue?"

High Sierra: Mac Mini (late 2012) can't wakeup normally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.