Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon EOS 6D MkII - RAW images

Why I can't see my photos CRAW2 from a Canon EOS 6D MkII?

In a iMAC (late 2013) with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2017 2:32 AM

Hi,

I shot an uncompressed file (Full RAW) and I read it in the iMAC and I imported it into Photos without problems.

So i think the problem must be only with the compressed formats (MRAW and SRAW)!

Once more thanks for your help.

11 replies

Oct 9, 2017 8:29 AM in response to Rui48

Sorry, I looked on the wrong RAW support page.

Do your RAW images show as unsupported in the Import dialog, or are they showing an exclamation point in the thumbnail?

If you are seeing the exclamation point, try, if you can reprocess the RAW. That command is available in EDIT mode, in the Image panel. Does Photos let you open the RAW files in Edit mode?

There are a few posts here by users, who also cannot use RAW files listed as supported. Sometimes the caution is missing, that for certain cameras only the uncompressed version is supported. If you took the RAW files in a compressed RAW format, test if an uncompressed file can be read.

See this post by ronniefridthjof: mRAW for canon 6D mrk ii not supported?

I'm trying to import my pictures taken with my 6D mrk ii. It seems that I can import pictures taken in full RAW, but the pictures taken as MRAW will not import. Looking at the compatibly list (Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra - Apple Support) it doesn't say anything about that only full RAW should be compatible. Anyone have any idea to what might be wrong or when this will be fixed?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 6D MkII - RAW images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.