Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6s is running very slow after ios 11.0.3

My iPhone 6s is running very slow after updating ios 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 14, 2017 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 12:05 AM

11.0.3 update has ruined My iPhone 6s speed. It was super quick and perfect before the install. Now it takes 3-5 seconds to open all apps. Its RIDICULOUS.

Writing texts is painful. You click on the keyboard and there is a huge lag.

It’s honestly as slow now as a phone from 10 years ago. Apple customer service so far have been useless just asking for the same details over and over (what country, what apps are affected, when did I do the update blah blah)

Apple broke my phone with their poorly tested update, yet they’ve issued no software fix. Nice way to respect your millions of customers Apple.

108 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2017 12:05 AM in response to vcns1

11.0.3 update has ruined My iPhone 6s speed. It was super quick and perfect before the install. Now it takes 3-5 seconds to open all apps. Its RIDICULOUS.

Writing texts is painful. You click on the keyboard and there is a huge lag.

It’s honestly as slow now as a phone from 10 years ago. Apple customer service so far have been useless just asking for the same details over and over (what country, what apps are affected, when did I do the update blah blah)

Apple broke my phone with their poorly tested update, yet they’ve issued no software fix. Nice way to respect your millions of customers Apple.

Oct 22, 2017 6:39 PM in response to vcns1

Apple's ios 11.0.3 update is totally disastrous for my iPhone 6s.

1. Like most on the thread, my phone performance is so shocking it is rendering my phone almost useless. I can barely use it. I have reverted to an older iPhone i have with an old ios just to get by.

2. Since the ios 11.0.3 update my battery life on my phone is exceedingly bad. I can actually see my battery life decrease as it is used.

Apple needs to be very quickly provide a property a patch update with proper testing done to ensure it is stable.

Oct 24, 2017 1:10 AM in response to ctzcd1

Apple iOS 11.0.3 is absolute rubbish....

Never mind the fact that my 6S plus (128gb not even half full) is performing about as fast as a 4s, but to top it all off my colleague has a week old 8S which loses 50% battery power in lass than 6hrs.....

An absolute joke..... Seriously Apple what’s happened to QA/QC of your software before release?

11.0.4 better be addressing these issues and about to be release.

Apple user since 1996 that is seriously thinking of moving to Android

Nov 21, 2017 9:53 AM in response to vcns1

To everyone here.

Apple design/software teams and engineers do not read these forums.

Apple supplies these forums for users to work out their product issues with other users, but these community forums ARE monitored/moderated by Apple Staff assigned to these community forums, but I do not think any info is ever passed on to who/mever the cognizant parties are who would need to know if there are any mounting issues with a product or software.

The only way to get Apple to listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

There is a small, but growing minority of iPhone 6/6S users that have been experiencing less than normal or stellar performance on any version of iOS 11.

Has anyone here tried any of these as a possible fix or improvement?

Have any of you tried a hard reset of your iPhone 6/6S by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

Make sure your iPhone 6/6S has and maintains , at the very least, 3-4 GBs of free data storage space!

In Settings app, General settings panel, turn OFF Background App Refresh.

In Settings app, under General settings, Reset panel, at the right bottom of the list, Reset All Settings.

In Settings app (NOT from the iOS Control Panel) turn OFF Bluetooth when not using any Bluetooth devices.

Also, in general, if you want a faster IDevice, on all of my iDevices, I turn off most of the iOS motion graphics eye candy, by simply turning ON Reduce Motion in Settings app, General, Accessibilty settings.

If none of this, so far, has helped your iPhone 6,/6S,

What about doing a complete backup to iCloud or iTunes on a computer, then do a complete erase and reset as new in the Settings app under General, Reset then restore your backup from iCloud or iTunes?

If still no joy after the erase and restore, hammer Apple with constant feedback about the iPhone 6/6S issues here.

iPhone Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

This is THE ONLY avenue to get Apple’s DIRECT attention to any and all iPhone 6 issues!

IF no one posts feedback about iPhone 6/6S issues, Apple will NEVER know there is an issue and will never correct it!

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the appropriate Apple personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Good Luck to You All!

Dec 6, 2017 12:28 PM in response to LovinLivin

The possibility of battery issues/degradation being responsible for iOS 11 issues on iPhone 6/6S models has been mentioned here and another iPhone 6/6S thread.

Some users have already got their iPhone 6/6S battery replaced and those users reported that iOS 11 is now workng fine for them.

You CAN have the battery replaced in iDevices.

This is NOT planned obsolescence, at all.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

Oct 23, 2017 1:06 PM in response to vcns1

I have a 6 and it has been a disaster for me too. The keyboard is terrible, Siri doesn't respond fast enough to even be handy, bluetooth having issues, wifi slow, phone locks up, calls with one way audio, all apps slow to open and terrible battery life. Seems every day that goes by I find something else that doesn't work. Seems with every update the phone has become less and less functional. A pretty good argument not to have an Apple product.

my iphone 6s is running very slow after ios 11.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.