Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable live photo permanently?

Is there any way to permanently disable Live Photos? Because I don't like Live Photos

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2018 10:37 PM

I also kept finding the Live Photo’s back on even after doing this: “Turn Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings > Live Photo on. Then when you turn Live Photo off in the camera app it will stay off (i.e., the Off setting will be preserved)”. What I finally discovered is that for it to work, you ALSO have to disable Camera Mode under Preserve Settings as it reads “Preserve the last mode, such as Video or Square, rather than automatically reset to Photo”. After doing BOTH of the above it now keeps Live Photos off. Hope this helps!

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2018 10:37 PM in response to bigdogfur

I also kept finding the Live Photo’s back on even after doing this: “Turn Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings > Live Photo on. Then when you turn Live Photo off in the camera app it will stay off (i.e., the Off setting will be preserved)”. What I finally discovered is that for it to work, you ALSO have to disable Camera Mode under Preserve Settings as it reads “Preserve the last mode, such as Video or Square, rather than automatically reset to Photo”. After doing BOTH of the above it now keeps Live Photos off. Hope this helps!

Oct 22, 2017 11:33 AM in response to andrebarragat

I am having this problem as well, but even doing that with the preserve settings under the camera is not stopping it. It's driving me insane, as I find live photos annoying and useless. All they do is take up extra space on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of space available, but I'd have a lot more if this would stop. So annoying. It was much easier when you simply turned it off when you were using the camera and it didn't turn back on unless you wanted it to be on and turned it on yourself. They always seem to get this stuff backwards from what real people prefer.......

Feb 16, 2018 10:46 PM in response to nanfromencinitas

8Plus running iOS 11.2.5

Feb 16, 2018 10:42 PM in response to bigdogfur

8Plus running iOS 11.2.5

How to disable live photo permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.