Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display response delay during incoming call

When a call entered in my phone it start ringing but the display of the phone(switch on) response after 8s -10s later . What can I do now ?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 21, 2017 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2017 10:14 PM

Force restart on iPhone X: This is a method that is used to force an iPhone to restart in the event that it hangs. On other models of iPhone, you can initiate a force restart by holding the home + power button but since there is no home button on the iPhone X, many people are stuck here. You can do this on the iPhone X by following this steps:

>> Press and quickly release the Volume Up button

>> Press and quickly release the Volume Down button

>> Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.

Read more here https://www.timigate.com/2017/11/how-to-resolve-all-challenging-issues.html

62 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2017 10:14 PM in response to zelem

Force restart on iPhone X: This is a method that is used to force an iPhone to restart in the event that it hangs. On other models of iPhone, you can initiate a force restart by holding the home + power button but since there is no home button on the iPhone X, many people are stuck here. You can do this on the iPhone X by following this steps:

>> Press and quickly release the Volume Up button

>> Press and quickly release the Volume Down button

>> Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.

Read more here https://www.timigate.com/2017/11/how-to-resolve-all-challenging-issues.html

Dec 21, 2017 12:22 PM in response to Saarstr

Hello

This issue happens only when someone from your saved contacts calls you.

What I reckoned was that the phone takes time to search multiple accounts viz icloud, gmail, facebook where the contacts are synced.

Just go to app store and download this app and filter your phonebook and merge all contacts.

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/contact-mover-account-sync/id582605968?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/contact-cleanup/id717884032?mt=8

Earlier i had total 7500 entries and now i have only 3500. All duplicates deleted and others merged.

Now all my contacts are stored locally and i have closed all sync from gmail facebook and icloud too till an update comes.

Dec 7, 2017 1:47 AM in response to Shuvra ghosh

Can someone help me I have the same problem of the screen not displaying the contacts whileostomy a incoming call . Have tried everything including the restore ,reset every possible thing which I could but no use . Can apple guys tell me wat to do and why this is happening in a high end premium handset. Pls guys help me out I'm a first time ios user

Dec 12, 2017 12:38 AM in response to Shuvra ghosh

I am facing same issue since I bought iphone x and updated it.

Today i figured out that when i recieve call from a no which is not saved on my phone there is no delay in display and it’s working absolutely fine. The issue is only occurring when someone from your saved contacts calls you.

I turned icloud contacts off and switched default account to gmail.

Now its working fine

Dec 27, 2017 8:13 PM in response to Shuvra ghosh

I m a user of Apple iPhone X and I have been facing an extremely annoying issue. It’s related to incoming calls, when I receive a call, My phone starts ringing immediately, but the display wakes up after a significant delay (up to 20 seconds in some cases). I have upgraded my phone to latest IOS 11.2.1 but the problem still persists. Any Help which I can be rendered regarding how to solve this issue????

Dec 30, 2017 8:02 AM in response to Shuvra ghosh

I am also facing the same issue in my iphone 6 after 11.2 update as well.

Whenever i restart my iphone or reset the network setting it works well for sometime(few calls) later the same problem starts again.Not sure why apple is doing this with valued customers.

This a serious issue and apple has to take care of this issue in the next release.

NEED APPLE ATTENTION FOR THIS ISSUE, HAS TO BE ESCALATED !!!

Feb 6, 2018 6:24 AM in response to Shuvra ghosh

I am experiencing the same problem on a brand new iPhoneX. Very disappointing. A functionality as basic as a receiving a call and being able to see the caller name and number for almost 30 seconds is compromised. It has been three months for this post but apparently no likely solution. Whats wrong? Apple? A phone should do the minimum it promises. Everything else can wait.

Feb 26, 2018 6:50 PM in response to Shuvra ghosh

I have an Apple refurbished iPhone 6s+ with iOS 11.2.6. I can't answer incoming phone calls either. The phone starts ringing (and ringing and ringing) but the call never displays on the screen. I have to touch multiple random icons, then the phone icon, and then the Recent tab to get the call to display. Then after answering the call and saying "hello" 2-3 times, the call finally connects but the person on the other end only hears my 3rd "hello". This started happening out of the blue last weekend despite having done nothing to my phone - I haven't updated the iOS or made any setting changes. This is extremely frustrating not to mention VERY disruptive at the office.

A side note - at the same time this started happening, my text Messages have started showing up out of order.

What is going on? Where is the solution for these issue?

display response delay during incoming call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.