Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select all photos in iCloud

Hi, I'm trying to select all the photos in a album on icloud.com so I can download the photos but I dotn want to select each photo individually because theres 600 odd of them is there anyway todo this in bulk.

[Re-Titled by Host]

null-OTHER, Windows 10, laptop

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2018 8:03 PM

So, I’ve figured out why Apple is being so (for better terms) darn, ugh!!!! It’s a simple psychological discouragement to attempt to prevent users from storing photos on another storage platform so Apple can capitalize charging storage space. Let’s take Google Drive and Dropbox for example. Those platforms are full of functionality and the ability to transfer files in bulk indiscriminately. But with iCloud when you run out of the storage space you currently have, guess what? You can buy more... smh. The more pics you add, the more monthly storage space they will ultimately charge. Like seriously, who’s gonna sit there and individually select 500+ pics, heck, 300+ pics for that matter. It’s M.O.N.E.Y. Apple, MONEY! Not a concern with functionality or accessibility. The ability to multiple select is disabled for a reason guys. After I download these remaining photos guess what, yeah, goodbye iCloud.

144 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2018 8:03 PM in response to birdmom6

So, I’ve figured out why Apple is being so (for better terms) darn, ugh!!!! It’s a simple psychological discouragement to attempt to prevent users from storing photos on another storage platform so Apple can capitalize charging storage space. Let’s take Google Drive and Dropbox for example. Those platforms are full of functionality and the ability to transfer files in bulk indiscriminately. But with iCloud when you run out of the storage space you currently have, guess what? You can buy more... smh. The more pics you add, the more monthly storage space they will ultimately charge. Like seriously, who’s gonna sit there and individually select 500+ pics, heck, 300+ pics for that matter. It’s M.O.N.E.Y. Apple, MONEY! Not a concern with functionality or accessibility. The ability to multiple select is disabled for a reason guys. After I download these remaining photos guess what, yeah, goodbye iCloud.

Dec 12, 2018 2:09 PM in response to xxxlandscapes

You couldn't be more misinformed if you tried. If you took the time to read anything about iCloud Photos you would be aware of two things:

• iCloud is not an archival storage service, it is a syncing/sharing service, so we often recommend that users may need a different platform like Google Photos, Dropbox, Flikr, etc. if they want to store photos separately from the photos that are sync'd via iCloud Photos (and the Apple Hosts have never removed any recommendations of that sort that we have posted here, so clearly it is not a problem to recommend that people use the service that best meets their needs)
  • If you took the time to read even a couple of Apple Support articles on iCloud Photos, you would know that when you turn on iCloud Photos, and download iCloud for Windows on your PC, you can elect to "Download Originals to this computer", and all photos that are sync'd with iCloud Photos will be downloaded to your PC (or Mac) automatically. If you have failed to use this simple method, then that is on you: Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

Next time you decide to go on a wild accuse and attack mode, you might want to educate yourself on the facts.

GB

Nov 27, 2017 10:32 AM in response to CarlAVII

Allen A wrote:

Using your web browser to log into iCloud.com, you can select multiple pictures by holding the shift key on your keyboard, then selecting the pictures with your cursor. You can then download all selected pictures by clicking the download cloud icon in the upper right of the page.

Hello Allen,

Did you test this on a Windows PC using iCloud.com?

Because the [Shift] action does not work, unfortunately. I experienced this myself this week when I used and subsequently tested iCloud Photolibrary for Windows for the first time. And it has not been a pleasant experience, to say the least 😕😠.

Why did Apple not implement [Shift] functionality in iCloud for Windows? Or is it one of the many many bugs that this software still confronts us with?

Jul 9, 2018 6:09 PM in response to raseys

This worked on my online iCloud account viewing Photos sorted by location and date: see the 3 steps below photo.

User uploaded file

1. Hover your mouse in the area across from the location-date info for the photos you want to download, and then click on the plus sign that should appear.

2. Clicking on the plus icon ➕ selects all the files associated with location/date and presents a pop-up menu for adding photos to an album.

3. If you then mouse click in any white space area around a photo, the pop-up menu will go away, the photos remain selected, and the icloud download icon becomes active.

To the right of the plus icon ➕ is a Share icon. Selecting the Share icon also selects all the photos for a location/date. However, when I attempted this icon the icloud download button wouldn't activate. I had to log out then back in to my iclould account to reset whatever I had confused. I used the plus icon for downloads successfully. Hope this helps others out there frustrated with this problem.

My set-up: Mac Mini (2014) with Bootcamped Windows 7 ; Firefox v61 64bit

Oct 24, 2017 5:02 PM in response to raseys

Hi, raseys!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you want to download pictures from iCloud.com , but have a large number so want to do them all at once. I'd be happy to help!

Using your web browser to log into iCloud.com, you can select multiple pictures by holding the shift key on your keyboard, then selecting the pictures with your cursor. You can then download all selected pictures by clicking the download cloud icon in the upper right of the page.

Alternatively, you can download iCloud for Windows, and use the instructions here to download your pictures automatically, or manually by year: Set up and use iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC - Apple Support .

Cheers!

Jan 1, 2018 11:14 AM in response to raseys

This is the best work around I have found, when you are in ICloud photo, click on Photos (the one above Album). This breaks photos up by date/location. When you are in the area of the photos, a plus should show up on the right side, click on it and it will highlight all pictures that are in that category, then you can move them. Hope this helps

Aug 1, 2018 4:04 AM in response to raseys

Hey guys,

Didn't go through the whole thread to see the answers but I've found a less painful way of doing things.

1. Open up the sidebar (on the left) and click on top most 'Photos'. It will now get sorted by dates.

2. On each date, hover to the right and a share button will appear. Click on the 'Share' button and now all the images within that date will be selected.

User uploaded file

3. Just ignore it and click on 'Delete' by clicking on the Trash bin on top of the thumbnails.

Hope that helps. A bit. Apple needs to get their act together to settle this once and for all.

Sep 13, 2018 8:11 PM in response to journey28

Apple is not here. Tell them: Apple - Feedback. We don't really care what electronics you use since we are users as well.

And, seriously, you need to get your facts straight. If the "issue" you are referring to is the inability to select a group of photos on the iCloud.com website, then you are way off on your timeline. iCloud Photo Library was not even introduced until 2015....

GB

Jan 27, 2019 11:05 AM in response to ringzst

No, you don't have to "command-click" every single one. And if you had bothered to read even a couple of pages of this thread, you would know the alternatives that you have available (there are two if you are using a Mac). You would also know that Apple isn't here. This is a user to user technical support forum. And clearly, you don't have a question. If you want to tell Apple, do so here: Feedback - iCloud - Apple

GB

How to select all photos in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.