Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 issue error -1

Hello,

at 1st my phone had no connection to the network (not able to call someone). So I did my research and ended up deleting ios on my phone. After that I turn the recovery mode on and connected it with my notebook and tried to update it. But when it´s on 99% it crashes and says "error -1". So I tried to get in normaly, but it oesn´t work. I also tried it with the "ReiBoot" application. Didn´t work either. I also tried it with the "hold the +/home button for 10 min" etc.. So know I just want to get in my phone. Please help:)

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 1, 2017 1:49 PM

12 replies

Nov 1, 2017 1:53 PM in response to LoongVN

The error -1 is generally a hardware fault. You can take a look at the information in this support document, but I would be prepared to make a Genius Bar appointment to have the device examined by Apple. Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support They will discuss your options after that.

Check your hardware

If you see error 53, use these steps.

If you see one of the errors below, you might have a hardware issue:

• 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16
  • 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 56
  • 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667 1669

Here's what to check. Try again after each step:

1. If iTunes is already open, quit and reopen it.
  2. Check your third-party security software.
  3. Make sure that your USB cable, computer, and network are reliable. Then try twice more to restore your iOS device.
  4. Check for outdated or modified software.

If you still see the error, contact Apple Support.

Iphone 5 issue error -1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.