Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missed calls not showing up

I've got a serious problem where my iPhone won't show recent missed calls until a few hours later. It's quite annoying, especially if I need to call someone back. I'm certain that I had Do Not Disturb turned off and the call sound and notification sounds up as I could still hear app notifications. I also know it's not my carrier's fault as I have WLAN calling turned on, and I'm able to receive phone-calls from other states. The issue seems to be for calls in-state (as far as I'm aware).

I would appreciate any help or advice that you could give me.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 1:26 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities pokeonimac,

I see that you're not receiving notification of incoming or missed phone calls. I can certainly understand the importance of being able to receive phone calls and I'd be glad to help.

Let's start by having you check your notification settings. Go to Settings > Notifications > Phone. Check to make sure the settings are set to "allow" and that the type of notification is set how you would like it.

The next thing you'd want to do is make sure that your iPhone is up to date with the latest version of software. The most current version (iOS 11.1.1). As with any update, it’s a good idea to back up your iPhone first using these steps:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go through these steps and the issue still remains, reply back with the answers the following questions.

1. When did you first notice this issue?
2. Does this seem to happen when you're in a specific location?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!
22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2017 1:26 PM in response to pokeonimac

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities pokeonimac,

I see that you're not receiving notification of incoming or missed phone calls. I can certainly understand the importance of being able to receive phone calls and I'd be glad to help.

Let's start by having you check your notification settings. Go to Settings > Notifications > Phone. Check to make sure the settings are set to "allow" and that the type of notification is set how you would like it.

The next thing you'd want to do is make sure that your iPhone is up to date with the latest version of software. The most current version (iOS 11.1.1). As with any update, it’s a good idea to back up your iPhone first using these steps:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go through these steps and the issue still remains, reply back with the answers the following questions.

1. When did you first notice this issue?
2. Does this seem to happen when you're in a specific location?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Jan 3, 2018 6:50 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hello!

Unfortunately I encounter the same issue with my phone. Notifications are all checked and I have the latest iOS on my phone (11.2.1). And there is no information of any phone call in Recent.

Furthermore, I can’t give access to any app that requires access to Camera, Library or Microphone. Quite sad considering that I cannot use properly apps such as Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp or Snapchat. The problem is that after I go to settings to allow all these, in each setting of the app there is no box to check, to give access :( (Check the picture below)

It’s curious that Location works for all apps and I can give access to this, also for Notifications.

I have an iPhone SE and I would appreciate very much your help as I like a lot my phone. I was very pleased with this phone and it’s operating system so far.

Thank you!

User uploaded file

Feb 10, 2018 8:24 PM in response to pokeonimac

SAME HERE!!! I have an iPhone 7, purchased it October 2017. So it is new and barely used... I have been having issues with its speed for a while but that was bearable and something I thought I was being overdramatic about. NOW I miss calls all the time, it takes someone about 4 tries to reach me, NO calls register no matter if it is incoming or outgoing. I never see an missed calls. I work as an on call translator and I go to school full-time, I have many professional connections trying to reach me and I need this fixed ASAP. No one is helping me, t-mobile says its not their problem (purchased my phone with them) and apple just keeps telling me to do a network reset and erase all settings, I have did both and no change. I always update my phone so I feel that it is nothing on my part left to do, theres something wrong with the phone. I really need help and I just am so fed up with all of this.

Jun 6, 2018 11:12 PM in response to RetroLegend

An incredibly big problem.

I started to encounter this problem while in iOS 11.4. Notifications are beginning to disappear. I reset the phone. The problem has improved.

Then i updated to iOS 12. There was no problem.

Today's notifications are starting to disappear. All preferences are the same. No changes.

I did iMessage and FaceTime activation this morning. Could it be that?

Jun 24, 2018 6:25 PM in response to pokeonimac

Just noticed this today. My iPad showed incoming call but my iPhone 6 never rang until finally I got a half ring at the end and the caller hung up. Checked my recent calls on phone and there were no missed calls. Also my iPads lock screen still showed I had an incoming phone call which I’m sure would drain my battery if I didn’t clear. I have disabled calls on other devices and hopefully it issue will resolve, but it’s hard to know for sure if your not showing missed calls if you don’t know someone’s calling and the phone won’t ring. I recently allowed calls on my iPad and turning off that setting hopefully will fix the issue. Sadly it seems it’s yet another feature that Apple broke.

Jun 27, 2018 3:35 AM in response to pokeonimac

Go to settings,

1)Check DND mode, switch it on and back to off.

2) under DND tab change Allow calls from "favorites" to "everyone" if this is an issue.

3) In phone tab go to Announce calls - choose always, worked for some people.

4) Reboot or hard reset your phone. I chose the hard rest DFU one 🙂

5) last one, Try removing any "call blocking" numbers

This is a result of hours and hours of reading and searching trying to solve an issue with my Iphone 8 which "was Why Does My iPhone Go Straight To Voicemail with no missed call notification or even a msg "

to be honest I applied them all and happy with the result 🙂 , hope you might find it helpful and works for you guys, good luck.

Jun 28, 2018 12:24 PM in response to pokeonimac

Hi Guys,

Something similar here as well. Earlier when having a call with someone and a third person called me during my call, I received a notification and I new there is a missed call. Now (iPhone X), it is not happening. It is a serious problem and it would be great to find a solution asap.
After call I can find missed call in the Phone app, but who will check missed call list after each call??

Missed calls not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.