Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone X shipping delays in Korea

I ordered iPhone X on Oct 27, 3 am EST and it was shipped on 11/07/17.

After it arrived in Incheon, Korea on 11/08/17 at 7:40pm, I have not received any further update, it has been sitting there for approximately 78 hours, is this normal?

UPS World Expedite service commits to deliver in 4-5 days, the expected delivery from day it is shipped is 8-9 days.

User uploaded file

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 15, 2017 1:46 PM in response to jihui88 In response to jihui88

Disengenious since I ordered.

I wonder why Apple is shipping to Korea at all? Previous orders have gone from China to Anchorage.

I have been receiving emails from UPS with Bogus dates. I showed delivery for Nov 14, then one telling me before that. Then I called UPS yesterday and they told me it’s now tomorrow the 16th! She even promised me the 16th. Today I received another email that it arrived in Korea. Called UPS again, and now they don’t know when it will arrive at all But they do see the 16th but also know it’s in Korea. My package sat in China 4 days to clear customs. Why is customs taking so long Apple? Now 8 days later it arrives in Korea. I have been a loyal Apple customer since 1978 and stock holder. This order has been the worst I have ever experienced With Apple. From the midnight ordering until now this has been by far my worst experience with Apple! Apple has issues I don’t see being addressed. Maybe I have been too loyal...

Nov 15, 2017 1:46 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 15, 2017 3:03 PM in response to Ski Pro In response to Ski Pro

Yada, yada, yada. Mine went through Incheon also. Yours probably went to the same K-POP concert as mine. Took about 100 hours before it cleared. Then it went to Anchorage. Perhaps they all had to go that route due to President Trump's visit to Asia.

Nov 15, 2017 3:03 PM

Reply Helpful (4)

Nov 16, 2017 8:45 AM in response to jihui88 In response to jihui88

Similar issue here.

Shipped on 9th, initial scheduled to 15th, now to 20th, but still not moving from Korea. At this pace, not even next year!

Very disappointing experience this time. Also a loyal apple customer for many years, don't know for how much longer.

User uploaded file

Nov 16, 2017 8:45 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Nov 16, 2017 9:26 AM in response to jihui88 In response to jihui88

Mine is even a little crazier. I'm located in Hawaii, not all that far from China.... My phone left China on the 9th, to Korea for a few days, then to Alaska for a couple days, then to Kentucky (WTH), now its currently sitting there with a delay (all the on the other side Hawaii).

"Expedited"!!??

Nov 16, 2017 9:26 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 10:11 AM in response to ghubsch In response to ghubsch

Yeah!! My one is exactly the same as yours except mine was a day ahead of yours in china and mine only has an arrival scan in KR on 11/14 @ 7:30 (which showed up 11/13 in the am). I don't have the additional entry about clearance in KR. on 11/14. I got a text from UPS yesterday that it would be delivered by EOD today. I know it wouldn't matter to Apple one bit but I am thinking when I get back from vacation I am going to go pick it up and return all of it. I need a phone for my vacation and I think I'm ready to try something new.

Nov 16, 2017 10:11 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 10:18 AM in response to jihui88 In response to jihui88

One of my two phones is in this same situation. I ordered two on Oct 27 3:10 AM EDT. One will be delivered today! The other one is sitting somewhere in Incheon, Korea with no delivery date. I too don't understand why it needs to go through Korea. The one arriving today went with a different route. It went from ZhengZhou, China to Shanghai, China, and then straight to Anchorage, AK. Based on some people reporting eventually getting their phones via Korea, it took around 4-5 days in Korea until they got shipped out to US. Some says that is because UPS don't have lots of planes in Korea. Not sure why Apple would allow such logistical mess.

Nov 16, 2017 10:18 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 10:57 AM in response to melodyqi In response to melodyqi

I,m guessing it will be cheaper to ship from korea than to ship directly from China. This may be a only slight difference for one or teo phones, but logistically, it is a huge difference for bulk shipments. Apple ships for hundreds of phones in one box.

Nov 16, 2017 10:57 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 11:02 AM in response to deggie In response to deggie

Yeah I get the process of shipping to their hubs, but its not efficient shipping if the shipping process has been 8 days now and the product is actually further away from me than when it started. Anyways, latest update on my phone: USP flight was late in Kentucky so not arriving today, not arriving tomorrow, but rather Monday (maybe).

ps. I will never pre-order from Apple again, that was counter-productive (regardless of sorry shipping process) 🙂

Nov 16, 2017 11:02 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 11:52 AM in response to jmdvnprt In response to jmdvnprt

That has to do with the UPS computers, plane availability, weather, airports, etc. Apple has nothing to do with it. But if you go to buy it on the first day of release and you have an outgoing personality it can be fun and you can meet a lot of new people. But buy a comfortable portable chair, charger, etc. now as you will be in line for about 14 hours or so. Or you can skip the first day, start a few days later, and get up early and check on what of the iPhone stock websites and go get in line early. You won't have to stand in line as long but you may have to do this several times.

Nov 16, 2017 11:52 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jihui88

Question: iPhone X shipping delays in Korea