Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp: Windows Support Software save error on my Mac Air 2014

I got an error “Windows support software could not be saved to selected drive. An error occurred while saving the Windows support Software”.

Which file i download manually for my mac air early 2014 11inch

my OS is macos high sierra

my boot camp Version 6.1.0 (6067.20.4)

and my os completely updated.

Like my screen short User uploaded file

Like this type same problem with me Link=> Bootcamp: Windows Support Software save error

in this link apple support replay with some manually download and unzip link of windows support software

on that link below Apple - Support - Downloads

Please help me sir to find out for my mac air windows support manually download file. (Rajesh)

MacBook Air, iOS 10.3, C02NPC17G083

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:53 PM

Hi, maybe its too late but i want to share my success. I also have the same problem like you “Windows support software could not be saved to selected drive. An error occurred while saving the Windows support Software” Popping multiple time of my trial. Then i try to changing my USB Drive 8GB to USB Drive 16GB USB 2.0 and its amazing the error doesn't show anymore. Windows 10 Pro at my MacBook Pro Late 2013 take about 7,53GB that make 8GB USB Drive can’t be installed on. Hope this simple way can help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 12:53 PM in response to Athidhinetwork

Hi, maybe its too late but i want to share my success. I also have the same problem like you “Windows support software could not be saved to selected drive. An error occurred while saving the Windows support Software” Popping multiple time of my trial. Then i try to changing my USB Drive 8GB to USB Drive 16GB USB 2.0 and its amazing the error doesn't show anymore. Windows 10 Pro at my MacBook Pro Late 2013 take about 7,53GB that make 8GB USB Drive can’t be installed on. Hope this simple way can help.

Bootcamp: Windows Support Software save error on my Mac Air 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.