Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app and mail from other apps freezes when typing in “To” field

updated to 11.1.1 and now when i go to send an emailfrom any app including mail, when I start to type in a name in the “To” field the app freezes. I can still close the app and go back in but it just happens again. I can however click the + and choose a contact that is in my phone. Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 10:31 AM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 11:37 AM in response to jstipp13

Hello, jstipp13!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your post that any app that accesses email freezes up when you try to type in the "To" field. I know it's important to be able to send emails without that kind of issue happening every time you try to address the email. I am happy to help.

If you haven't already done so, please restart your phone:
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, remove the mail app, and then reinstall it. Details on both of those steps can be found here:
Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch

To reenable your mail accounts after you reinstall the mail app, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and enable the "Mail" slider for each account.

Let us know if you're still having the same issues after those steps.

Have a great day!

Mail app and mail from other apps freezes when typing in “To” field

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.