Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone disabled and 'value is missing'

My iPhone 6S Plus was disabled and even though I have been trying to troubleshoot it by connecting it to iTunes, a message 'iTunes could not connect to iPhone 6S Plus. A value is missing' message pops up. I am unable to continue from here.

Please help me rectify the situation so that I can unlock my phone and restore the data to the iPhone.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:00 PM

Hello,

Be sureitunesis up to date 12.7.1

Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode

If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone iniCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOSdevice to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
      User uploaded file
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    User uploaded file
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.
18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 9:00 PM in response to Jetro547

Hello,

Be sureitunesis up to date 12.7.1

Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode

If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone iniCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOSdevice to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
      User uploaded file
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    User uploaded file
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Aug 18, 2018 11:51 AM in response to Jetro547

iPhone 6 Plus

1. Have unplugged to your comuputer

2. Hold on HOME button and SIDE LOCK button at the same time

3. Apple Logo will show up but keeo holding until you see the iTunes, arrow and charging wire show

4. Open iTunes

5. Plug in phone to computer

Your options will be to update or restore.

6. Chose UPDATE first.

Five minutes will pass and your phone will be updated

Do steps 1 - 5 again. Now chose the option to RESTORE

BAM! FIXED! BOOYAHH😉

Apr 26, 2018 3:50 AM in response to scc87

I have an iPhone 5S. When it powers on, it only says "iPhone is disabled" then below "connect to iTunes" - I do not have the nice picture with the lightning cable. If I hold down the power and home button longer, it merely shows the apple logo longer, then it just disappears. Even holding it for several minutes does not do anything. When I then try to turn it on, I again get the "iPhone is disabled" then below "connect to iTunes". When I connect to my iTunes, I am asked to allow access, then eventually the "missing value" error. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Mar 26, 2018 8:02 AM in response to Pablocolorado

Look very easy i was confused myself i have a iphone 7plus was getting error message over n over what u need to do any Iphone 7 and above this what u do! Hold home l, power, volume down button till u see the Itunes logo with charging cable at bottom and it says support.apple.com/iphone/restore at top then while u are plugged in to your mac or computer it will ask u to restore

May 30, 2018 11:33 AM in response to scc87

My phone still won't show the iTunes logo and itunes still says the value is missing. I do a hard reset like you said, screen goes white with the black apple, then back to the black screen saying the iphone is disabled connect to iTunes, well...the pop up window on iTunes continues to say "itunes could not connect to this phone, the value is missing.

SO FRUSTRATING!! Now what?

Jul 7, 2018 3:03 AM in response to Jetro547

When I reset all setting on my Iphone, I kept pressing "on off button" +" volume down button", until the restore is complete. I had to hold it at least more than 10 minutes until restore and it worked afterward. If you let your pressing go before it restore, it caused error and have to start from beginning.

iPhone disabled and 'value is missing'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.