Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete Music creation?

It says it's instruments and lessons for Garage Band. But I've deleted Garage Band already. Do i still need it?

It's taking up 2.45 GB of my storage, but i have no use for it, so would be grate to free up the space. Does anyone know how to ?

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 8:46 AM

Hi lucasosouza,

There are 3 related folders which needs to be deleted to free up the 2.5GB space in Mac. I was having similar issue and after deleting the 3 folders I could clear up the entire 2.5GB space.

I see that out of 3 you have deleted only 2 of them. You will need to delete the logic folder (2nd one in the list) to clear up your remaining space. Hope this helps.

• To remove GarageBand delete the GarageBand.app from Applications.
  • Delete the folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/, if you are not using Logic or MainStage as well.
  • Delete /Library/Application Support/Logic/.,if you are not using Logic or MainStage.
  • Delete /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/ , if you are not using Logic or MainStage, or iMovie and need to keep the Sound Effects.

For more info, refer to this thread - How can I delete GarageBand on MacOS Sierra

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2018 8:46 AM in response to lucasosouza

Hi lucasosouza,

There are 3 related folders which needs to be deleted to free up the 2.5GB space in Mac. I was having similar issue and after deleting the 3 folders I could clear up the entire 2.5GB space.

I see that out of 3 you have deleted only 2 of them. You will need to delete the logic folder (2nd one in the list) to clear up your remaining space. Hope this helps.

• To remove GarageBand delete the GarageBand.app from Applications.
  • Delete the folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/, if you are not using Logic or MainStage as well.
  • Delete /Library/Application Support/Logic/.,if you are not using Logic or MainStage.
  • Delete /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/ , if you are not using Logic or MainStage, or iMovie and need to keep the Sound Effects.

For more info, refer to this thread - How can I delete GarageBand on MacOS Sierra

Nov 17, 2017 1:03 PM in response to 456Sunni

Hey 456Sunni,

I can see that you're attempting to remove the remaining parts of GarageBand from your Mac after having it uninstalled. 2.45 GB is a considerable amount of storage space and I want you to be able to take advantage of all the space on your computer. What you'll want to do is locate the folders that contain these files and delete them manually. You can find the locations listed below.

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Apple Loops > Apple
Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > GarageBand

Once the content in these folders are deleted, you can empty the Trash to completely free this space.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

How to delete Music creation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.