Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Wrong sender name in Inbox Apple Mail.

In Apple Mail, in the Inbox every mail from a specific sender shows the wrong sender name.

While opening the mail, the name above is correct. How is that possible, rather how can I fix this?

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), null

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 11:13 AM in response to pmulleners In response to pmulleners

pmulleners wrote:

In Apple Mail, in the Inbox every mail from a specific sender shows the wrong sender name.

While opening the mail, the name above is correct. How is that possible, rather how can I fix this?

Try the advice listed in: Rebuild mailboxes - Apple Support

User uploaded file

Nov 16, 2017 11:13 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 5:18 AM in response to pmulleners In response to pmulleners

If you receive a mail from some sender example whose contact name is " maintenance " but their complete mail address is different say example@gmail.com , when ever you receive a mail from them it will be shown as " maintenance " .

And inspite of displaying complete mail address it will show only " maintenance " .

And you compose a mail to their mail address by composing a new mail in mail application and fill up the credentials and click on send button , it will move from your mail app , after sometime if you again forward this mail to " maintenance " it will show like this .

User uploaded file

The small star is your real name or what ever name you have decided that is added in address book , thats the reason star ( real name ) and " maintenance " are showing different .

Nov 17, 2017 5:18 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 11:26 AM in response to tygb In response to tygb

Thanx for your answer. But that's not the problem.

The name appearing in the left top has nothing to do with the e-mailadres.

This issue does not occur on my Macbook (with the same mail-client) or my iPhone. Only on my business iMac.

Nov 17, 2017 11:26 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 21, 2017 6:33 AM in response to pmulleners In response to pmulleners

See this article Delete old email addresses - Apple Support

Mail keeps a list of the email addresses you send messages to, and uses the list to suggest or complete addresses for you when you send email. You can delete obsolete or incorrect addresses from the list, and use it to quickly see or add people in the Contacts app.

Nov 21, 2017 6:33 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: pmulleners

Question: Wrong sender name in Inbox Apple Mail.