Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from Apple TV 4K

I’m using Apple TV 4K with LG OLED55B7V. Connected directly with a new high speed HDMI cable. Apple TV automatically selects HDR 4K and Dolby Vision also works. However there is no sound. I tried all the HDMI ports on the TV. SW is up to date on both Apple box and LG TV. I tried manually selecting other settings but no sound. The only way I can get sound is to pass through an actual receiver, then I get sound but Apple TV chooses SDR 1080 - pretty sure that’s all the receiver supports.

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 11:58 AM

7 replies

Nov 28, 2017 2:28 PM in response to Eamonn71

How is this an LG issue? Every other device works fine on my LG system that is fully up to date. Apple is the single outlier device with compatibility problems. If Amazon and Roku can get their products to work with LG then I figure that Apple should be able to figure it out. I just assumed that it would have been by now as this has been an issue for a few weeks.

No sound from Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.