Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

visual voicemail on iphone x

Have the new iphone X. Everything works EXCEPT my visual voice mail.I can retrieve my voicemail by holding down button #1 and putting in my code.However if I tap SPEAKER and then tap the play (arrow) the line does not move from 0:00 and nothing plays.

iPhone X, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 2:08 PM

16 replies

Nov 22, 2017 8:53 AM in response to dstdwlr

Hello dstdwlr,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are not able to play your visual voicemails. The following article has some additional steps you may not have taken which could help resolve this type of issue:

Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you need help, try these steps. Check your Visual Voicemail after each step:

1. Try to call someone to check your cellular network connection.
  2. Make sure that you set up your voicemail. To check, dial your phone number from your iPhone.
  3. Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Best Regards.

Nov 22, 2017 10:43 AM in response to Teddy_B

Thanks but, I had done all these prior to adding my name to the post. I even took my phone to AT&T and they reset my voice mail and tried a soft reset too, still nothing has worked. I did read an article online that this was a common error with IOS 11...which I do have have all my updates. odd thing is I can see a transcription of of my messages and I happened to be in my car and I could hear my message thru my car phone system but will to play on my phone. So the message is getting to my phone it's just won't play.

Please Help 😊

Nov 22, 2017 10:53 AM in response to Teddy_B

Tried all the steps also but still have problem.I have been on phone with Apple,AT&T and have even gone to an AT&T store.

Keep on hearing it's the other's issue .Back and forth since November 6th. The latest I was told on 11/18 was that the work order was sent to Apple ENGINEERING (supposedly the top of the food chain) and I have to wait for their response. Wonderful :-(

Nov 30, 2017 1:58 PM in response to dstdwlr

As an alternative, I just dialed into my voicemail and fixed the issue by making a change to the messages. In other words, call your own number, enter your password and then either leave yourself a voicemail or delete a voicemail. Hang up, and a minute or two later your visual voicemail should show up. I think it's the change to the mailbox that triggers the sync to the phone.

Dec 6, 2017 8:26 AM in response to dstdwlr

All I get is the visual voicemail. The actual audio voicemail won't play. This began about two or three weeks ago. It just freezes and won't play. I've Reset my phone. Reset Carrier Network Settings and even reinstalled the iOS from a backup - to no avail. I thought 11.2 would address this, but no. Without visual voicemail, I'd have no idea what the messages are.

Dec 23, 2017 7:59 AM in response to dstdwlr

The proposed solution fixed my iPhone X issue of not playing, but it only lasted 5 days or so then I have to reset all setting again. My iPhone X does play voicemails with my headphones plugged in, but not on speaker or normal...

So I am proposing it is only a temp fix. This will be the 4th time I had to reset all settings. Really a PITA.

M

visual voicemail on iphone x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.