Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the iPhone default weather app?

While rearranging my apps on Home page, I accidentally deleted my weather app.

In App Store, I selected "Weather" - but that's not it (the icon says "Weather Bug").

I tried "Weather+" which gives very similar features - but the icon is different.

I don't want to work through all the apps unless I need to.

Could some kind person please tell me the name used by App Store.

Thanks.

BTW: I've never actually needed to do an iCloud restore, or a computer restore, since I bought my phone.

Q1: If I tried one of those, would I get my old app back? Would I get back apps that I deliberately deleted today?

Q2: If I got the app back using one of those restores, would the apps be arranged in the same sequence as when I bought the phone?

Thanks.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Nov 29, 2017 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 1:34 AM

Hi Phil0124,

>> Apple's default Weather App is simply called weather. Blue icon with a cloud and a sun behind it.

I found that immediately. Thanks.

I can open it from the App Store, but I can't download it.

I raised another post for that issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8181245

>> Try this link directly on the iPhone:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weather/id1069513131?mt=8

What does that mean? (I'm an infrequent iPhone user). Do I simply open Google and type the URL? If so, what is the expected result?

Thanks.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2017 1:34 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi Phil0124,

>> Apple's default Weather App is simply called weather. Blue icon with a cloud and a sun behind it.

I found that immediately. Thanks.

I can open it from the App Store, but I can't download it.

I raised another post for that issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8181245

>> Try this link directly on the iPhone:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weather/id1069513131?mt=8

What does that mean? (I'm an infrequent iPhone user). Do I simply open Google and type the URL? If so, what is the expected result?

Thanks.

Nov 30, 2017 7:49 AM in response to Phil0124

>> Reading your other post, it seems you solved it, and figured out it was restricted. Not sure how you can restrict the Weather though.

I saw an article online suggesting that one way to expose hidden icons is to remove restrictions. So I tried it - it worked. Can't lose them all :-)

But, just now I re-imposed the restrictions to see what would happen. The Weather app remained exposed. In fact, I'm fairly sure nothing was actually hidden by the re-imposition of restrictions.

I think the technique is similar to thumping the top of the TV when anything goes wrong :-)

Nov 30, 2017 7:55 AM in response to OldGrantonian

OldGrantonian wrote:

I think the technique is similar to thumping the top of the TV when anything goes wrong :-)

A very old engineering solution. On one of the Apollo moon missions a warning light appeared on the control panel. Ground Control ran a remote test, and decided the warning was what we would today call a "false positive". After a meeting of several engineers, the crew was told to hit the panel with a fist in a precisely described location. This succeeded in extinguishing the warning light.

The modern equivalent is "when in doubt, reboot"

Nov 30, 2017 8:13 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

OldGrantonian wrote:

A very old engineering solution. On one of the Apollo moon missions a warning light appeared on the control panel. Ground Control ran a remote test, and decided the warning was what we would today call a "false positive". After a meeting of several engineers, the crew was told to hit the panel with a fist in a precisely described location. This succeeded in extinguishing the warning light.

The modern equivalent is "when in doubt, reboot"

Indeed.😁😉

What is the iPhone default weather app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.