Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 suddenly started to restart by itself.

Woke up this morning and my iPhone started to restart by itself. I can use it to make calls without issue, but apps and text messages have to be quick Before it quickly restarts to a black screen and the spinning star thing before it is fine for another minute.

i have uninstalled apps updated last night, done a restart by pressing power and volume button, I have removed the SIM card and now at a loss

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 1, 2017 8:23 PM

64 replies

Dec 2, 2017 12:05 AM in response to munkymajik

So ignore my previous post about backup/restore if this works for you, but still a good idea to backup if you can.

"Best viable workaround is to turn off third-party notifications. If you’re not sure which apps employ local, repeating notifications, turn them all off."

From this article linked by MacSchr:

December 2nd is making some iPhones soft reset

I'm sure Apple will release an official fix soon.

"If you cannot disable your notifications, then temporarily roll back your date and time to 1 week ago, this will enable you to disable your notifications and then you can return to the current date and time without glitches."

Also

• Disable Background App Refresh (Settings > General)
  • Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings (use as last resort, or just wait for a fix and play outside)

Dec 2, 2017 7:22 AM in response to Pl8gal

If you're having trouble installing iOS 11.2, try these steps:

"Best viable workaround is to turn off third-party notifications. If you’re not sure which apps employ local, repeating notifications, turn them all off."

From this article linked by MacSchr:

December 2nd is making some iPhones soft reset

I'm sure Apple will release an official fix soon.

"If you cannot disable your notifications, then temporarily roll back your date and time to 1 week ago, this will enable you to disable your notifications and then you can return to the current date and time without glitches."

Also

• Disable Background App Refresh (Settings > General)
  • Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings (use as last resort, or just wait for a fix and play outside)

(tips by https://www.reddit.com/user/bedwej)

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/7gzntq/psa_iphone_rebootrespring_issues _megathread/

Dec 1, 2017 9:40 PM in response to daozeyu

Hi there give it a try on this tempt fix for this “respring” issue

1)try change turning off the set automatically at date and time .

If fail

2)try changing of date -1 or +1 day

If fail

3) enable to do not disturb mode and go to setting >notifications , show preview chnage to never

After changeing turn all App notification off, YES one by ONE OFF ! And it work for me

Thank you

Dec 1, 2017 10:01 PM in response to Community User

It happens to me as well (Mine is an iPhone 6S) from what I've seen with this similar problem the temporary fix would be adjusting the date of your phone pre-December 2 then shut down the iPhone then restart

It works with mine

I guess the issue only with adjusting your date would be not able to access some apps as the date should be sync with the app (ex if the date today is December 2 then the date should be December 2 so you could access the app)

Dec 1, 2017 11:18 PM in response to Community User

Same issue her with iPhone 6s. Phone keeps restarting every few minutes. I did a full reset, which seems to solve the problems for an hour or so. Then it started again.

Also my clock app isn’t working. It is visually displaying, but when I open the app it shows the menu below but other than that the screen is black.

Changing date to pre dec 2 didn’t solve the problems for me.

My iPhone 7 suddenly started to restart by itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.