Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why is my GPS not working on iPhone X?

I tried to use google maps and waze yesterday and both apps did not work, notifying me that gps was not available. Is anyone else having this problem? I read that there would be a software update with iOS 11.2 to fix the issue but I have already updated and it still doesn’t work.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

For reference:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207092

You may have to reset your GPS to have the apps function properly

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 26, 2017 12:23 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

I have this problem as well. Location services for both map apps (Apple & Google) are and have always been on. I can launch either app, it finds my current location, I can find a new location via search and initiate directions/navigation. However, as soon as I begin driving the app does not follow my location as I'm driving, it seems to think I'm stationary when I'm not. I'm using an iPhone X on iOS 11.2.1

Dec 26, 2017 8:39 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

I have the exact same problem. I did reset location services and I end up resetting the whole phone and The issue is still there: the gps just doesn’t know where I am. The gps just doesn’t work in any usable way neither on Maps nor Google Maps. My iPhone X has 11.2.1. I’m taking it to the Apple store tomorrow.

Dec 20, 2017 7:12 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

What I found is when I place my iPhone X on my dashboard mount, the GPS will stop working after about 10 seconds. As soon as I remove and move away from my dashboard the GPS works fine. I can replicate this issue consistently. It is as if there is interference or something. I ultimately found a spot on the left side of my dashboard where the GPS works on the dashboard mount. This was in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata. I don’t have the issue at all in my other vehicle.

Dec 27, 2017 7:24 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

I have the exact same problem and is ruining my whole freaking road trip because my location on the apps keeps jumping around confusing the map app making it recalculate every minute. Been working with support for half of the trip and they have not been able to do anything.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 11, 2017 1:56 PM in response to mlb_littlerock In response to mlb_littlerock

The GPS on my iPhone X works just fine. You need to make sure that you have Location Services turned on for those apps before you can use them with GPS. See this page from the iPhone User Guide. http://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph3dd5f9be

Dec 11, 2017 1:56 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 20, 2017 7:12 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

What I found is when I place my iPhone X on my dashboard mount, the GPS will stop working after about 10 seconds. As soon as I remove and move away from my dashboard the GPS works fine. I can replicate this issue consistently. It is as if there is interference or something. I ultimately found a spot on the left side of my dashboard where the GPS works on the dashboard mount. This was in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata. I don’t have the issue at all in my other vehicle.

Dec 20, 2017 7:12 PM

Reply Helpful (11)

Dec 26, 2017 12:23 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

I have this problem as well. Location services for both map apps (Apple & Google) are and have always been on. I can launch either app, it finds my current location, I can find a new location via search and initiate directions/navigation. However, as soon as I begin driving the app does not follow my location as I'm driving, it seems to think I'm stationary when I'm not. I'm using an iPhone X on iOS 11.2.1

Dec 26, 2017 12:23 PM

Reply Helpful (27)

Dec 26, 2017 8:39 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

I have the exact same problem. I did reset location services and I end up resetting the whole phone and The issue is still there: the gps just doesn’t know where I am. The gps just doesn’t work in any usable way neither on Maps nor Google Maps. My iPhone X has 11.2.1. I’m taking it to the Apple store tomorrow.

Dec 26, 2017 8:39 PM

Reply Helpful (17)

Dec 27, 2017 7:24 PM in response to theclinician In response to theclinician

I have the exact same problem and is ruining my whole freaking road trip because my location on the apps keeps jumping around confusing the map app making it recalculate every minute. Been working with support for half of the trip and they have not been able to do anything.

Dec 27, 2017 7:24 PM

Reply Helpful (5)

Jan 7, 2018 2:57 PM in response to Cmjordan29 In response to Cmjordan29

Well - that's bizarre. I'm on my second iPhone X for this issue, and have gone through two different dash mounts (first was magnetic). I'm still having the issue with the new phone & non magnetic mount.

...in my 2013 Sonata.

So far I've been using CD connected dash mounts, so always in the same spot above the stereo. I assume you had the issue there as well? This could be a coincidence, but it's interesting. I had no issues with my 6s in that same car & mount, but obviously the glass back on the X could make it more susceptible to interference.

Jan 7, 2018 2:57 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: theclinician

Question: Why is my GPS not working on iPhone X?