Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why iBook doesn't work with Time Machine

Hello,

I lost some PDFs stored in iBook and i would like to find them in Time Machine.

I open the ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/iCloud~com~apple~iBooks/Documents/ directory with the Terminal and launch Time Machine.

When I go back in time, I see my old files that I want to get back for 2 or 3 seconds, so I know they're here. But I can't select them, and the directory change automatically to the iCloud Drive directory and I can't go back in the iBook directory.

Does anyone know how i can get back my files ?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 11:27 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

It doesn't work directly but using the search bar was a good idea.

I search with the file names, and the PDFs are displayed in the result. From there, I can put them back.

It is necessary to use the Restore button. the system will ask where it will save the files. Copy the files doesn't work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 11:27 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

It doesn't work directly but using the search bar was a good idea.

I search with the file names, and the PDFs are displayed in the result. From there, I can put them back.

It is necessary to use the Restore button. the system will ask where it will save the files. Copy the files doesn't work.

Why iBook doesn't work with Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.