Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cd Burning error

Hi All. Windows 7 here. I updated my Itunes with the latest one. Ever since then I have tried to burn a cd as I always have with no issue whatsoever, and I receive the error itunes 0x80004005. Never had this issue before. It will burn the first song, and then after that it stops and ejects the cd stating the error>? WILL THIS BE FIXED???? Is it a bug? Why is it happening?

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2017 1:40 PM

Hi there is another page that ttr2 posted here is the info

I just deleted ITunes then reinstalled the following As given above:

Uninstall iTunes (You can leave the other Apple components alone).

Download and install one of the following as appropriate:

I'm sure there will be updates in this thread when another build comes out.

tt2

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2017 1:40 PM in response to MickMarleyMon

tt2

Dec 22, 2017 1:54 AM in response to UB12

tt2

After I did this version of iTunes mine worked. Thanks to ttr2

Dec 22, 2017 3:15 PM in response to mariopd

Follow Ridley1555 steps. You won't lose playlists or anything.

-------------------------------------------

Jan 2, 2018 1:17 PM in response to mariopd

Jan 2, 2018 1:19 PM in response to safe0sam

Dec 12, 2017 12:39 PM in response to D_nice333

HOLY MOLY! Thank you, thank you, thank you (for posting this)! You mean that I'm not just going insane?! Well, if I haven't already, then I'm seriously about to. I have been experiencing the same issue since I tried to burn a CD last Wednesday evening, so nearly a week ago. I had successfully burned one about 3 weeks earlier, even though I typically do it far more often. I have literally been burning CDs now for several years and have never encountered anything like this. Every time I try to burn a CD, I get the following error: "The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (0x80004005)." I have also gotten this error at least twice: "The songs in this playlist will not fit on one Audio CD. Do you want to create multiple Audio CDs with this playlist split across them?" The playlists that I was attempting to burn were only about an hour long, and the CDs that I have can hold up to 80 minutes of music! Oh, and one message informed me that "iTunes 12.7.2.58 has crashed" and that a "minidump file has been created in the following location: [with location listed]," whatever the heck that means!

This has thrown me into a tailspin, LOL. Initially, I thought it was because I simply needed to update iTunes to the latest version (12.7.2.58 vs. 12.7.1, I believe) so I did but without any luck. Meanwhile, I have wasted more than 20(!!!) CD-R CDs (AKA "coasters"), have spent hours on my own trying to Google the error in hopes of fixing the problem, and hours on the phone with a handful of people (including several senior advisors) from Apple Tech Support, who have all been extremely nice, mind you, and were willing to help in any way they could but so far have not been able to resolve the problem 😟. I even had my dad's computer tech guy try to help the other night, but nothing we tried worked either. He said we are not done yet, but I'm convinced that it's an iTunes issue. Oh, and I have Windows 10 so I've been told that it's a Windows error, perhaps conflicting with iTunes. But my dad's guy walked me through a quick burn through Windows Media Player, and that worked. Also, I was actually able to burn two playlists containing songs that I imported from a CD that I own. However, I can't burn any playlists containing music that I've legitimately purchased from iTunes. I have kept all the same settings that I always use (Maximum Possible for Preferred Speed, Audio CD for Disc Format, and None for Gap Between Songs), but after the disc initializes to burn, the first song starts and stops within seconds, my CD is automatically ejected, and once again, that lovely error (0x80004005) pops up. I even had a call with Microsoft scheduled for earlier this afternoon, but as of now NO CALL. A senior advisor from Apple Support is supposed to call me back in a couple of hours with an update. So sitting tight, but not holding my breath. This is absolutely crazy! Needless to say, I am not pleased.

Dec 16, 2017 3:23 PM in response to D_nice333

Hello Apple,

I'm using windows 10 pro with all the latest updates with the latest version of iTunes. Same problem. Many blank CD/R wasted! Was working fine in November 2017. One of the latest Apple updates has a problem. Hello Apple, are you aware of this issue and working on a fix. I have many grandchildren who will be crying on christmas day if I can't burn them a Christmas song CD. Help!

Dec 21, 2017 10:04 AM in response to D_nice333

I have the same problem since the latest iTunes update. Since I also had a Windows 10 update at the same time, I thought perhaps my CD/DVD writer needed a driver update. It didn't. Wasted 6 CDs so far. As I have over 200 playlists, I'm not willing to uninstall and go to a previous version. When will Apple provide a fix? This is a serious limitation!

** iTunes support ** I see at least 4 different threads about this problem and I do not see any actual replies from Apple.

Cd Burning error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.