Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple Pay Cash Service Not Available

When I try to set up Apple Pay Cash I am getting the error "Could Not Set Up Apple Pay Cash Apple Pay services are currently unavailable."

The service is on now and I am in the U.S. I do have a debit card (and credit card) already set up on the Apply Pay account and they do work.

My next thoughts were to do the following:

Remove all the cards from my account.

Save a backup of the phone.

Reset the phone.

Restore the backup.

Re-add the cards, then try Apple Pay Cash setup again.

Not sure why it's "stuck" so not sure that will be effective.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 19, 2018 10:57 AM in response to The 9th Titan In response to The 9th Titan

I had the same problem. I went to appleid.com to manage my account and turned OFF two-factor authentication. Message popped up on my phone to login to iCloud (which I did) and same thing on my computer. Then on my phone I went to pay someone via text message with Apple Pay cash, and it gave me a message about upgrading my security. I clicked continue. I then had a choice to select either upgrade to two-factor, or "Not now". I selected not now, and Apple Pay cash eventually gave me the same error ("can't do it now, try later"). I exited out and tried again, but this time I selected upgrade to two-factor. Had to enter my iCloud password (on my phone), and Apple Pay successfully activated! No idea if the order or the device matters. Just telling you as accurately as I can what I did.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 12, 2017 5:04 PM in response to cwgavula In response to cwgavula

I think removing the cards is an extra unnecessary step. If you restore from back up you potentially put the same situation back on the phone. set up as new would be a better option.

Set up Apple Pay Cash and person to person payments - Apple Support

Dec 12, 2017 5:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 4, 2018 3:24 PM in response to cwgavula In response to cwgavula

I have the same problem. It was working just fine. But on Dec 28th it stoped. And now it tells me that my Apple Pay Cash Card is not set up but it will not let do it. I keep getting a message that says: Apple Pay Cash service is currently unavailable. Please try again later. It´s been like this ever since. I already talked to ´s Support but the issue was not resolved. I already tried backing up, resetting and restoring the phone.. I also erased everything and configured it as a new phone,, but I keep getting the same message. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Jan 4, 2018 3:24 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Jan 19, 2018 10:57 AM in response to The 9th Titan In response to The 9th Titan

I had the same problem. I went to appleid.com to manage my account and turned OFF two-factor authentication. Message popped up on my phone to login to iCloud (which I did) and same thing on my computer. Then on my phone I went to pay someone via text message with Apple Pay cash, and it gave me a message about upgrading my security. I clicked continue. I then had a choice to select either upgrade to two-factor, or "Not now". I selected not now, and Apple Pay cash eventually gave me the same error ("can't do it now, try later"). I exited out and tried again, but this time I selected upgrade to two-factor. Had to enter my iCloud password (on my phone), and Apple Pay successfully activated! No idea if the order or the device matters. Just telling you as accurately as I can what I did.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jan 19, 2018 10:57 AM

Reply Helpful (8)

Feb 7, 2018 9:28 AM in response to cwgavula In response to cwgavula

So, I want into Wallet & Apply Pay from settings and then to Apple Pay Cash under "Cards". I went to "Verify Identity" and it began to ask me to verify my name, billing address, last 4 digits of social. When I entered this, it then asked me to verify all digits of my social security number and then asked me to scan the front and back of my driver's license with my phone.

Upon doing all of this, it proceeded to tell me that I could not be verified at this time. It told me that Apple Pay Cash is unavailable until Apple is able to verify my identity. I am assuming this is probably the reason it isn't working for me, despite the fact that I have Apple Pay and everything set up successfully. Perhaps there are additional steps to verifying for Apply Pay Cash???

Just sharing what I did to try to resolve.

Thom

Feb 7, 2018 9:28 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 22, 2018 10:31 AM in response to cwgavula In response to cwgavula

If Apple is so incompetent that I have to take a full workday to back up and reset my phone -- which means downloading all 174 of my apps again separately from the restore -- then I must seriously question Apple's integrity and competence. There should never be a problem of any kind. I will try logging out of icloud and back in. Having to rebuild my phone from scratch is abominable.

Mar 22, 2018 10:31 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: cwgavula

Question: Apple Pay Cash Service Not Available