Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Search function in Mail not working

Ive had this happen earlier this year, searching for mails wont find the mails i look for, only trough Finder.

Dont remember how i solved it last time, but i had to rebuild the entire mailbox to fix it.
Why is this happening, and are there other ways to fix it?

OSX 10.12.5

Posted on

Dec 12, 2017 7:17 AM in response to AppfactoryIntl In response to AppfactoryIntl

If there are issues in finder click on apple logo > force quit , select finder and relaunch .

User uploaded file

Also enter in user library macOS Sierra: Library folder

Find a folder preferences drag and drop com.apple.finder.plist to the desktop , restart the machine .

Dec 12, 2017 7:17 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 7:45 AM in response to AppfactoryIntl In response to AppfactoryIntl

Try rebuilding the mailbox.

Rebuild mailbox

If that doesn't work, try re-indexing the mailboxes. This can take awhile if you have a lot of mail.

Reindex messages For El Capitan, try looking in V3. Sierra use V4. High Sierra use V5.

Reindex messages (2) See post by Linc Davis

Dec 12, 2017 7:45 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: AppfactoryIntl

Question: Search function in Mail not working