Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 11 Mail Signature Image not displayed in Mail

How do I correctly add a image into my mail signature?

I have added a new signature for my work email through Settings. I copied the company image that I wanted underneath my signature from Photos and it appears correctly in Settings.

However - when I compose an email the text for the signature appears but the space where the image should be is just a very small blank square.

What am I doing wrong?!

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 7:37 AM

Same here. Latest iOS. New iPhone 6s. Signature with logo ok until a few days ok. Now will work briefly then get ‘null’ box.

This is not good for business.

C’mon Apple, how would you feel if your logo was replaced by:

User uploaded file

(This seems more of an issue when wanting to share a photo, webpage etc via email.)

16 replies

Jan 26, 2018 3:36 PM in response to harry255

I am also having this problem. This is making it difficult using our mail applications for Business purposes as our signature pulls the image from a HTML repository. How can we fix this? 52 people also seem to have this problem but no one has a fix. Why? What is creating this issue when it has worked fine before?

This is very important to our business, and a fix would be helpful so we can continue using our Apple products for business.

Feb 2, 2018 6:56 AM in response to FatCatGeorge

My company is also experiencing this issue. I have updated to 11.2.5 and the signature shows a blank box as the image when composing a message, text in signature is fine. On the receivers end the image displays a red X with "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location" I've tried hosting the image, adding it directly to the signature. Either way it disappears.

Signature Image is 5.4kb in size

iPhone 6

iOS version 11.2.5

Aug 16, 2018 5:46 AM in response to sunhouse2008

One more thing I did was shake the phone and hit undo right after pasting the signature in the settings (apparently that gets rid of automatic formatting the phone does and resets back to HTML format).

I just did mine a few minutes ago and it seems to still be working.

I will keep trying it and see if it is still there after a while - maybe a day or to and report back...

Apr 18, 2018 10:52 AM in response to harry255

Me too...I've tried all kinds of suggestions that are out on the net. The signature looks good for only a few minutes and then our company's logo, a png that's just 5kb, is replaced with a "null" square.

Come on Apple...there's a ton of Apple users that have been complaining about this issue for a looooong time. You're due to get this resolved. Thanks!!

May 22, 2018 2:41 AM in response to jérôme5995

it seems that it is still a problem - however when I go back into the settings for Mail and look at the signatures, close it again and go back to email then the problem seems to cure itself for a while...

Wish it would behave better... and Outlook for iOS won't even accept an image pasted in like that... so maybe need to hunt another Mail App....

IOS 11 Mail Signature Image not displayed in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.