Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen should stay on. This does not make sense if the screen turns off

Screen should stay on. This does not make sense if the screen turns off. Add new option for watch to leave screen on while charging.

WATCH SERIES 3 (GPS + CELL) (SS) 42MM, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:18 AM

4 replies

Dec 13, 2017 1:22 AM in response to amitfromcommerce

Hi

It is not possible to keep the display awake without ongoing interactions with it.

When waking the screen by raising your wrist (with that setting enabled), the screen will stay awake for a few seconds without further interaction.

The display can also be set to stay awake for up to either 15 or 70 seconds. This applies when the screen is tapped on to wake it or when it is tapped on after being woken by raising your wrist.

To set your preferred wake duration when tapping the screen:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wake Screen - under On Tap, select Wake for 15 or 70 Seconds.

It is normal for the display to sleep if your wrist is lowered within that time.

It is also not possible to keep the display permanently awake during charging.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Jan 10, 2018 2:48 AM in response to Caroline.graham08

Caroline.graham08 wrote:

I tried all of the above suggestions, the screen in "Nightstand" mode is staying on. It now has been in "Nightstand" mode while on charger for the past 5minutes and nothing is changing and my charge is staying at only 17%. Any other suggestions?

I have replied to your own, related thread:

Issues with the screen being hyper sensitive to touch and jumping a lot, unable to change between apps.

Screen should stay on. This does not make sense if the screen turns off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.