Question: Internet browsers & App Store don't work after upgrade to High Sierra
Firefox & Safari don't work.
They open, but then don't connect to the the internet, so can't open or download any internet pages. In other words, I cannot browse the internet.
Also, I get no connection with the App Store.
Again, program opens, but remains grey and inactive. Therfore I also can't connect to or down load any updates or apps.
I have an iMac 21.5 inch, mid 2011. This all happened after upgrading to High Sierra.
Everything else seems to work, but is excessively slow since the upgrade!
How can I get the browsers and the App Store to work again??
p.s. I tried this, but it didn't help:
- Restart the computer and after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
- Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
- Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
- Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
- Select Restart from the Apple menu.
Then download and reinstall the macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Combo Update.