Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple Pay not working !

Hi ,

I just dropped my iPhone 7 plus and now my Apple Pay not working ,

when I try paying for something I start Apple Pay and it asks me to put my finger print and then to hold it near the device then nothing happen it stays on " hold near reader " .

it was working just fine before I dropped the device , I tried restarting the device didn't work then removing the card and adding it again didn't work and I tried resting the device also didn't work .

Help .

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 16, 2017 7:14 AM in response to mr.problem In response to mr.problem

I'm getting the same problem with my iPhone 6. Apple Pay used to work fine, but recently I've started getting the 'hold near to reader' message. I deleted and re-setup the card and it worked fine for the next transaction, then it went back to 'hold near to reader'. I'm not aware of having dropped my phone though.

Dec 16, 2017 7:25 AM in response to mr.problem In response to mr.problem

Hi

As your iPhone has been dropped and may have suffered internal damage, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for it to be checked and to establish any recommended service options:

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 16, 2017 7:25 AM in response to mr.problem In response to mr.problem

Hi

As your iPhone has been dropped and may have suffered internal damage, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for it to be checked and to establish any recommended service options:

Dec 16, 2017 7:25 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 16, 2017 7:14 AM in response to mr.problem In response to mr.problem

I'm getting the same problem with my iPhone 6. Apple Pay used to work fine, but recently I've started getting the 'hold near to reader' message. I deleted and re-setup the card and it worked fine for the next transaction, then it went back to 'hold near to reader'. I'm not aware of having dropped my phone though.

Dec 16, 2017 7:14 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: mr.problem

Question: Apple Pay not working !