Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow import FCPX 10.4

Why the import is so slow.?

The camera is Sony pxw x70, XAVC codec. I have 2 imac's one with new 10.4 and the older 10.3.4 and the importing same files on the new FCPX takes forever, while the other imac on the 10.3.4 import the files in minutes.

Same setting on import for both computers.. what is wrong with 10.4 ?

thx

marek

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:19 PM

14 replies

Feb 5, 2018 10:35 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

You're moderately protected if all you're doing is editing video on the machine and not surfing the web, opening email, etc., on the machine. It's still risky on any machine receiving software updates over the internet; hackers are getting very crafty and legitimate downloads can often be infected. I'll leave it at that. 🙂

Feb 25, 2018 8:51 AM in response to mm360

I have the same problem. Not only is importing extremely slow, but on 2 occasions I returned to my iMac to find that it had restarted! My work flow begins by copying MOV files from the SD cards to a Thunderbolt RAID 1 comprised of 2 hard disks. Then I import to FCX and my Library is on a Thunderbolt RAID 0 comprised of 4 SSD, so no storage excuses. Also, I have never had antivirus on my video editing iMac.

Slow import FCPX 10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.