Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

couldn't send email out

I am using Mail to manage my emails. I have got several different mailbox. I found recently one of my mailbox, Mail prompted the email was sent but none of my recipients could receive. I have checked with my email host server administrators but no problem was identified. I want to see how I can check whether there is a problem on mien side, e.g. Mail account problem or being blocked somewhere.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), 32MB RAM, i7

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:16 PM

14 replies

Dec 18, 2017 12:27 AM in response to tygb

Over the last weekend, I actually asked the host administrator of our website. We have tried to the server setting but in vain. Finally, we found that it is the matter of Apple Mail. I used the same server setting of my smtp account using Fox Mail, performing receive and send perfectly. SO, would anybody kindly suggest what went wrong in Apple Mail, so that I can keeping it, instead of using Fox Mail.

Thanks

Dec 19, 2017 6:30 PM in response to tygb

Sorry for these misleading questions. Let me refine my question, make it simple:

I am using the system system, iMac 2017 i7 5k, High Sierra macOS ver. 10.13.2, I have used the SAME settings for SMTP server, i.e. Port 587 with TLS/SSL option unchecked, I cannot send out an email properly to the recipient with Apple Mail, but successfully with other mail applications, e.g. MS Outlook for Mac, FoxMail, etc. People on email host provider side recommended using these applications, and strongly discouraged me in using Apple Mail. Do I have to follow this suggestion in abandoning Apple Mail? or somebody else can suggest me any measures in checking what went wrong? Remember, there is NO difference in server setting over these applications I have setup.

couldn't send email out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.