Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE A9 chip clocking-down to 911MHZ

my iPhone SE A9 chip recently clocking-down to 911MHz, why is this happened? the chip should run at 1.8GHz, but now only 50% on iOS 11.2.1, And the battery is just fine, only 8% wear....

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2017 4:18 PM

Hello !

You are not alone. I encounter this issue since iOS 10 too.

I first noticed some lags when typing texts, and usual game i'm playing starting to have some little mini freezes.

Started to search for tutorial and tips to improve performance on the net. Nothing is working for sure, cause the problem is CPU frequency, being undercloacked regarding the level of charge.

You can notice above 80% you should have a better CPU frequency. But when you hit under 80% battery, your CPU will be stucked to 911Mhz.

Even worse, I noticed CPU to be undercloaked to 600Mhz under 25% of battery.

Replacing battery seems to fix the issue, but who knows what apple is doing. If they fix it inside the iOS you can't prevent it even with a new battery ****
<Edited by Host>

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2017 4:18 PM in response to aaronism

Hello !

You are not alone. I encounter this issue since iOS 10 too.

I first noticed some lags when typing texts, and usual game i'm playing starting to have some little mini freezes.

Started to search for tutorial and tips to improve performance on the net. Nothing is working for sure, cause the problem is CPU frequency, being undercloacked regarding the level of charge.

You can notice above 80% you should have a better CPU frequency. But when you hit under 80% battery, your CPU will be stucked to 911Mhz.

Even worse, I noticed CPU to be undercloaked to 600Mhz under 25% of battery.

Replacing battery seems to fix the issue, but who knows what apple is doing. If they fix it inside the iOS you can't prevent it even with a new battery ****
<Edited by Host>

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.