Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut pro x and h265 not working?

Ok I have the latest fcp and to my knowledge (cannot find anything over than stock quicktime player) and neither will play the audio in the h265. Video is fine, but there is no codecs or drivers available anywhere. So why doesnt my new touchbar mac work with 265 audio

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:57 PM

25 replies

Dec 18, 2017 11:06 AM in response to Baby Jai

None of the examples for which you posted the Quicktime Player screenshots appear to have audio.

There is only mention of the video codec (HEVC), and no mention of audio.

Normally one would expect something like this:

User uploaded file

Do the clips play with audio on the camera or somewhere else?

What about the clip for which you posted VLC info - and that appears to HAVE audio - does it play? What info does Quicktime Player show about that one?

Dec 18, 2017 11:55 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

it plays fine in VLC, for some reason quicktime is not detecting audio but VLC and every other 3rd party app is. I am thinking this has to do with codecs that are not in mac by default. Also when importing to fcp its actually doing the conversion to mov, however even as the original mp4 same thing. Check screenshots same file. Regardless whether what videoI use its the same thing in the windows, check

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 17, 2017 9:19 PM in response to Baby Jai

Baby Jai wrote:

Now when I watch the h265 video after an import it works fine, however there is 0 sound.

I have no idea why there is no sound.

Just run a test here with H.265 4K footage and the audio works fine.

The issue must not be universal.

Can you screen shot the QuickTime Inspector and post it back?

What camera shot the footage?

Al

Dec 28, 2017 9:23 AM in response to Baby Jai

Hey Jai were you able to get this figured out? Oddly enough it must be something to do with the NX500 specifically, because I'm having the exact same issue. I was all excited to edit a Multicam clip shot with my NX1 and NX500 and final cut's new HEVC capability. The NX1's audio works fine, shows up in QT and in FCPX, but the NX500's audio is mysteriously absent, even though it plays back just fine in Premiere. Very strange. And very annoying.

Dec 29, 2017 1:57 AM in response to parkatz23

parkatz23 wrote:

Hey Jai were you able to get this figured out? Oddly enough it must be something to do with the NX500 specifically, because I'm having the exact same issue. I was all excited to edit a Multicam clip shot with my NX1 and NX500 and final cut's new HEVC capability. The NX1's audio works fine, shows up in QT and in FCPX, but the NX500's audio is mysteriously absent, even though it plays back just fine in Premiere. Very strange. And very annoying.

Which is which? You wrote audio twice.

Are you on High Sierra?

Open one such file in QT, press command-I and post a screenshot.

final cut pro x and h265 not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.