Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M Cuda update has been updated and after startup, every time it says the driver needs updating.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

High Sierra latest OSX updates

Cuda driver has been updated yet after startup, every time, it says the driver needs updating.

How do I remedy this? The driver seems to be about a only a week old.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 12:28 PM

I just posted a similar thread on NVIDIA's forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1032731/geforce-apple-gpus/cuda-driver- absolutely-unacceptable-by-nvidia/

I too have the 2013 MacBook Pro Retina and I can't believe Apple and NVIDIA aren't getting their stuff together (for lack of a better word).

It's absolutely crazy.

Here's a link I created on the Apple Forums:

MacBook Pro Retina Nvidia Drivers (macOS 10.13)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2017 12:28 PM in response to Mr. Squires

I just posted a similar thread on NVIDIA's forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1032731/geforce-apple-gpus/cuda-driver- absolutely-unacceptable-by-nvidia/

I too have the 2013 MacBook Pro Retina and I can't believe Apple and NVIDIA aren't getting their stuff together (for lack of a better word).

It's absolutely crazy.

Here's a link I created on the Apple Forums:

MacBook Pro Retina Nvidia Drivers (macOS 10.13)

Dec 19, 2017 1:03 PM in response to Mr. Squires

Hi, Mr. Squires,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you've recently installed updated drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce CUDA drivers, but you're still seeing a notification on your MacBook Pro to update them every time you start up. I'm happy to help

First, if you haven't already, I would recommend downloading and installing the update directly from NVIDIA: CUDA Drivers for MAC Archive|NVIDIA .

If installing directly from NVIDIA does not solve the issue, and you continue to see a prompt to update, try installing it again, this time in safe mode. The following article will provide you with information on why safe mode is helpful, and how to boot to it: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support .

If you're still prompted to update the NVIDIA GeForce CUDA drivers, don't hesitate to respond back. If you do, please include the current macOS version being run on your MacBook Pro, found under the Apple  menu > About this Mac (example: macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1).

Cheers!

Dec 19, 2017 4:17 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks. Allen Just letting Apple know of the issue. I already tried all the instructions that you mentioned. I contacted NVidia Technical Support and they are now aware of the problem. Macbook Pro works fine, it’s just the System Preferences and the Cuda “splash” coming up upon startup. It says that it needs an update even though I have installed the latest update. I can use console to remove the “reminder” when I get time as per NVidia Technical Support’s instructions. Now that Apple and NVidia are both aware of the issue I think my job is done.

Dec 27, 2017 7:57 PM in response to Mr. Squires

Mr. Squires thanks for your response, I had seen that update on the developer forums of NVIDIA (not the support forums), but since I'm running a rMBP late 2013, in the link you provided, it says at the bottom of the page:

"BETA support is for iMac 14,2 / 14,3 (2013), iMac 13,1 / 13,2 (2012) and MacBook Pro 11,3 (2013), MacBook Pro 10,1 (2012), and MacBook Pro 9,1 (2012) users."

1. Does this mean my macbook pro 11,3 is not fully supported and can potentially run poorly or have bugs since it's in beta?

2. Since it's an NVIDIA driver for the GeForce and not a CUDA driver, does this mean that the CUDA driver is the software driver that interprets the GT 750M and the link you provided is similar to what we know as a firmware? Basically if I install it, and then say format my mac, will the version number in the link you provided remain? Or will I have to re-install both the latest CUDA and latest NVIDIA driver.

Thanks for all your help Mr. Squires

On a side note, I still find it kind of ridiculous from NVIDIA's part that users have to literally jump through hoops and install various things just to get things to work. This wasn't the case in Yosemite, El Capitan or Sierra. NVIDIA doesn't even provide clear instructions and their website is all over the place. Absolutely ridiculous

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M Cuda update has been updated and after startup, every time it says the driver needs updating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.