Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X - Wireless Charging Stopped Working

Has anyone else had an issue where the wireless / qi charging has suddenly stopped working?

I’ve checked my iPhone on other charging mats and it doesn’t charge. Have restarted the phone in case it’s a software issue, but no remedy. It’s not the case it’s in as it’s the Apple leather one and it was working fine before.

Am concerned if the qi has stopped working there may be other things amiss with the battery.

This is also my 2nd iPhone X after the first had issues with maintaining a WiFi connection, which this one too is showing issues with.

Rather unsatisfactory customer experience of the most premium phone.

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2018 5:51 AM

Hi Jim,

I have the exact same problem. At first I thought it was the charger I was using, so I changed it, but now the same thing is happening again on a different Qi charger I bought. It works fine for a week or so and then stops working. This is very frustrating as this is not the only problem I am having with this phone. I remember the good old days when Apple products just worked. I am hoping if enough people complain they will come up with a patch soon.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2018 5:51 AM in response to MJT2810

Hi Jim,

I have the exact same problem. At first I thought it was the charger I was using, so I changed it, but now the same thing is happening again on a different Qi charger I bought. It works fine for a week or so and then stops working. This is very frustrating as this is not the only problem I am having with this phone. I remember the good old days when Apple products just worked. I am hoping if enough people complain they will come up with a patch soon.

Jan 20, 2018 3:33 PM in response to MJT2810

Having the same thing happen with my iPhone X. My wife and I both have the same Qi-enabled chargers and her new iPhone X works fine on both of them. No available appointments anytime soon with an Apple Store Genius Bar but was able to get an appointment with an Authorized Service Provider - Best Buy. Hope they can fix or replace the phone.

Jan 28, 2018 1:48 PM in response to Mungo1

I’ve been back and forth with Support since a week after I bought my first iPhone X on January 6th. Second iPhone now. Same issue. Finally went and DFU restored and started from scratch. No luck.

Starting to think it might have something to do with my phone being the 256GB. Only difference between my iPhone X and her 64GB iPhone X.

Ordered Apple’s recommended Mophie wireless charger. Last thing I can do.

Apr 7, 2018 10:06 PM in response to MJT2810

When this first started happening to my iPhone 8, I thought that the charger had to be at fault. Ive tried 4 ... count em FOUR different Qi certified chargers and no matter what ive tried (restarting, changing out a cable, charging block, etc...) I’ve come to realize its the iphone. No doubt. I was able to show a guy in the store how my phone actually slowly discharges while pretending to charge. Apple you really have let it all go. iOS 11, the iPhone in general, its become a joke. I miss my Samsung days. If anyone is waiting for Apple to come out with a fix, dont hold your breath. Like any crooked outfit, they'll just tell you they didnt know! The way this type of charging works is so simple I can’t fathom how they managed this one.

May 16, 2018 8:28 AM in response to Landeus

I have the same problem. The phone says it is charging but it is not. It stays at 68% and does not charge. The iPhone X has been working alright charging wirelessly until last night. The phone was on the charging pad all night but it did not charge but it indicates that it is charging. I turned it off and on but still won’t charge but it tells you it is charging. Apple‘s quality has gone down hill. My IphoneX has been replaced once due to WIFI hardware issues. I tested it on 3 wireless charging pad, the problem is not the charger, it is most likely a iPhone issue. Apple, please come out with a quick solution!!!

Jun 25, 2018 6:34 PM in response to MJT2810

Same issue here. After I updated it the other night, it quit charging on the charging mat that previously was charging it fine. I agree with all - for a phone/product at this price point, this should not be an issue! I really don't love the IphoneX for a variety of reasons and had buyers remorse, but stupidly didn't return it within the 2 week return window. 😩

Jul 3, 2018 6:33 PM in response to MJT2810

I had to replace a 6 month old iphone 8 because it randomly rebooted whenever it wanted. Got a replacement today and that one won't wireless charge. I'll have #3 in two days. Not a good track record for Apple's new stuff. Replaced my 5 year old 4S because they stopped supporting it, never had a problem. Their new stuff isn't as good.

Heard that both the reboot problem and the wireless charging issues are hardware and can't be fixed with hard starts, restarts or changing the charging pad.

iPhone X - Wireless Charging Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.