Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement refund?

I see that Apple has discounted the price of a battery replacement from $79 down to $29. I recently had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6 for $79. Would it be possible for me to get a $50 refund? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 2:30 PM

92 replies

Jan 2, 2018 11:43 AM in response to 4lafz

I have my facts. I don't know where you have read that the replacement batteries are going to be done by anyone except Apple, or an Authorized Apple Service Provider. You might wish to read this information. A Message to Our Customers - Apple

Again, no one here works for Apple, and no one can tell anyone if there is going to be any refunds. You have to wait for an announcement from Apple, just as I indicated before.

Jan 10, 2018 10:02 AM in response to Belle1960

Belle1960 wrote:

Personally, since this problem escalated since the iOS11 update, then that should be the date they go back to and make the offer of the $29.

You are entitled to your opinion. However, no one on this forum is in a position to make happen what you want. Apple doesn't read here for suggestions. You can submit feedback here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 31, 2017 1:46 PM in response to SPQRGuyMontag

I had my iPhone6 battery replaced at full price ($99CAD+tax) on Friday night, 30 minutes before their store closed for the day. The next morning, the announcement was made on the immediate price reduction. Called Apple - they confirmed price reduced to $39CAD and after being sent through a few advisors, they would not refund me the difference because there is no 'refund' program. I was less than 1 hour too early and they still couldn't make a discretion to do the right thing. Disappointing.

Dec 31, 2017 9:41 PM in response to SPQRGuyMontag

I called Apple support yesterday and asked them why I should pay them $29.00 for a battery after they sabotage the battery on my 6+ phone. I gave them an option either send me the battery for free or lose me as a customer and they weren’t going to replace the battery for free. So they chose to lose me as a customer. I didn’t argue I just hung up. there’s no way I am buying a battery or anything else from Apple ever this was a sabotage and now they want $30 from all of us I wonder how much money they’re going to make It won’t be from me. Going out now and shopping for phones. i’ve been loyal to this company since IPhone 3. No more. I’m done.

Jan 1, 2018 7:35 PM in response to SPQRGuyMontag

I replaced my iPhone 6s plus battery on December 23rd, 2017 for $79 in the Apple retail store. I went back to the Apple store, called the Apple support and Apple Customer relations for price adjustment. All refused my refund of $50, even though it was only 7 days ago. They said there is no policy to do the price adjustment. As far as I know, most retailers from Best Buy to Target have 14 days or more to do the price adjustment. I hope Apple can do at least the same on battery replacement or better.

Jan 2, 2018 6:49 AM in response to SPQRGuyMontag

I too had my iPhone 6 battery replaced back in September because the battery was causing unexpected shutdowns. The Apple tech tested it and the tests showed that the battery was at the end of it's life. I paid the $79 for the replacement and hope that Apple will come up with some kind of refund program. Even a $50 store credit should be considered.

Jan 2, 2018 12:01 PM in response to 4lafz

Nothing in my response indicates that someone other than Apple is making the replacements for the reduced cost. You are the one that said that. And, the link I provided is the latest link from Apple USA, and was just checked today. That is the text from Apple. I don't know why you insist on arguing the point, only Apple can determine if there will be a refund. No one here works for Apple, so no one here can determine what is going to happen to you. That is why I said to contact Apple. Please try doing that to get your answer.

Jan 2, 2018 1:49 PM in response to 4lafz

Had mine replaced the exact same day because my phone would not hold a charge at all. Spent 4 hours waiting for my phone. I got home at 6PM only to hear @ 7pm about the reduction in the price. We are entitled to receive that $50 back, especially since it was announced that day. If I dont' get my money, there is absolutely no doubt that my new phone will NOT be an iphone. Great way to lose customers APPLE - Steve Jobs is turning in his grave.

Jan 2, 2018 2:56 PM in response to SPQRGuyMontag

I'm just got off the phone with Apple. They are getting ready to put out an updated message that says we are going to get the $50 refund, if you purchased the battery by December 14, 2017. I called 1-800-275-2273. Was on hold for a while, but finally got a nice young man, who in turn put me intouch with a very nice young lady - that took my information, verified my battery purchase and has set me up to be refunded the $50. I hope this helps everyone.

Battery replacement refund?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.