Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match not updating on iPhones running iOS 11.2.0/1

Ok - I have started a new thread as I think it's now clear what the problem is. Previous posts on this topic can be found here: iTunes Match not updating on iPhone SE

In summary the problems for iTunes Match customers seem to be:

• iPhones running iOS 11.2.0/1 have stopped updating the iCloud Music Library with any changes or additions. (Posts from other users have so far reported problems on the iPhone 5S, 6, SE and 8). Users with other Apple devices (including iPads running iOS 11.2.0/1) report they are unaffected and show new music pretty much straight away as normal. It looks like this is an issue affecting only iPhones running iOS 11.2.0/1.
  • Switching the iCloud Music Library off and then back on again does not resolve the problem and in most cases just deletes the library from the phone with no easy way of getting it back again - repeated attempts to switch the library on and off seem to have no affect.
  • Even if you manage to restore the library (I have done so by taking the drastic step of erasing all contents and settings and starting from scratch) any subsequent changes are still not updating on iPhones.

The above thread does include some suggested fixes but sadly none of these have worked for me.

If you are affected by this bug please notify Apple - the more people that provide feedback the more likely we will get a fix for this problem! Feedback - iTunes - Apple

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 3:13 AM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2018 12:03 AM in response to rayworth15

Just joining this up with another thread:

iCloud music library disappeared from iPhone after iOS 11 update. iCloud is turned on/off and I have signed out several …

There is a fix identified in this thread that works for me! If you switch on ’Mobile data’ for ‘Music’ this triggers the library to update on the phone. You can then switch it off and download any new music via WiFi.

Let‘s hope this glitch gets sorted with the next update.

iTunes Match not updating on iPhones running iOS 11.2.0/1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.