Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud music library disappeared from iPhone after iOS 11 update. iCloud is turned on/off and I have signed out several times but my library is empty.

My iCloud music library disappeared from my iPhone 6 after iOS 11 update.

I subscribe to iTunes match and it is working fine with my computer. When I go to music on my iPhone the library is empty. I have tried the following:

Signed in and out of apple id on phone and cloud several times.

Toggled iCloud music library on and off several times in settings>music.

Restarted iphone

I can download previously purchased music in the iTunes store. I can also manually manage my music. I am at a loss because everything worked great in iOS 9?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 8:29 AM

I got it figured out after a long time of messing with it.

I tried every combination of toggling iCloud music library & logging out of iTunes in settings (restart in between turning back on).

This did not fix it -- music library was empty.

Then what I did was:

-Open iTunes music store

-Navigated to past purchases and selected 1 random song to download manually to my library

-Single song showed up in library but still rest of library not visible

-Went into music settings and enabled cellular data (I was also connected to my home WiFi)

-This triggered it and after I did that the entire library showed up

-I was able to then disable cellular data setting and no issues downloading library over WiFi

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2018 8:29 AM in response to tribedescribe

I got it figured out after a long time of messing with it.

I tried every combination of toggling iCloud music library & logging out of iTunes in settings (restart in between turning back on).

This did not fix it -- music library was empty.

Then what I did was:

-Open iTunes music store

-Navigated to past purchases and selected 1 random song to download manually to my library

-Single song showed up in library but still rest of library not visible

-Went into music settings and enabled cellular data (I was also connected to my home WiFi)

-This triggered it and after I did that the entire library showed up

-I was able to then disable cellular data setting and no issues downloading library over WiFi

Jan 7, 2018 6:59 AM in response to rayworth15

My wife's iphone 5s had a weirder problem where only part of the icloud library was showing up. It seemed to be stuck in previous version of our icloud library from last summer and would not update itself. This was after a update from ios 9 to 11.2.1 , I tried some of the tips above but they did not work so I just restored the iphone to factory default and the library showed up correctly.

Jan 9, 2018 5:25 PM in response to skeelo221

My iPhone 6 is running 11.2.2 and it seems as if iTunes Match is working. I had turned my iCloud Music Library off on my phone when Match wasn't working with earlier versions of iOS 11 so when I turned it back on today, it seemed to have downloaded some albums twice which I fixed. I then added 7 songs to iTunes (Windows 10) from a free library program I use and iTunes Match worked as it was supposed to albeit on the slow side. I also added a CD from my collection to iTunes. It came over perfectly including the art work. The songs transferred to my phone, but the art work didn't.

At no time did I use a cellular connection on my phone for the music to transfer over. I hope the iTunes Match problem is permanently solved.

Jan 22, 2018 3:07 PM in response to rayworth15

I agree with you about thinking the iTunes Match problem was fixed, but it's not. I downloaded 10 songs just now and to get them from iTunes on my Windows 10 PC to my iPhone 6, I had to turn iCloud Music Library off and then back on.

Switching on cellular data didn't work for me nor did turning on Show Apple Music. (I thought that might do it.)

iCloud music library disappeared from iPhone after iOS 11 update. iCloud is turned on/off and I have signed out several times but my library is empty.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.