📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 0xc000007b

hello

Lately (since the last update) I can't open Itunes anymore and it gives me error 0xc000007b.

I have windows 7 64-bit.

Any ideas/ help would be greatly appreciated!

Windows 7, 0xc000007b

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 7:19 AM

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but ALL related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall. See the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section of turingtest2's guide at:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2018 7:19 AM in response to m4771c3

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but ALL related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall. See the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section of turingtest2's guide at:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

Jan 5, 2018 10:19 AM in response to m4771c3

I encounter this error on my dad‘s notebook running Windows 10. On startup, I get a notification that APSDaemon.exe couldn’t be started properly, giving me that very error code.

Additionally, the most recent iTunes version (12.7.2.60) is running ridiculously slow. Any advice on that?

I already tried reinstalling, I even went back to a 12.5 release but it doesn’t work properly.

error 0xc000007b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.