Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Mouse Keeps Disconnecting from Mac

My Apple bluetooth mouse keeps disconnecting. I went online and discovered it's a bug in the macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 that's causing this. How can I fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 10:17 PM

Thank you. Yes, of course I see that in the line at the top of my page. I click on "connect", the mouse works, I use if for a while and it disconnects. On and on this goes. I click on "shift option" in their "advanced" selection and an 'X' appears next to either the "bluetooth mouse" or the "bluetooth keyboard". I clicked on deleting the "bluetooth mouse". Rebooted my computer, waited for the "bluetooth mouse" to come back - YAY!! it did. It worked for a little while, then "disconnected" again. I reconnected (with another mouse that I have to use when the apple mouse isn't working) and it reconnects... for a little while.

There is a "bug" in the High Sierra OS system and there is a way to "debug" it. Here is website that shows you how to do it.

OS X’s Hidden Bluetooth Debug Menu: Reset Devices and More – The Mac Observer

I haven't tried yet... I'm too tired tonight and I have more work to do anyway.

Goodnight and thank you all for your help.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2018 10:17 PM in response to DonH49

Thank you. Yes, of course I see that in the line at the top of my page. I click on "connect", the mouse works, I use if for a while and it disconnects. On and on this goes. I click on "shift option" in their "advanced" selection and an 'X' appears next to either the "bluetooth mouse" or the "bluetooth keyboard". I clicked on deleting the "bluetooth mouse". Rebooted my computer, waited for the "bluetooth mouse" to come back - YAY!! it did. It worked for a little while, then "disconnected" again. I reconnected (with another mouse that I have to use when the apple mouse isn't working) and it reconnects... for a little while.

There is a "bug" in the High Sierra OS system and there is a way to "debug" it. Here is website that shows you how to do it.

OS X’s Hidden Bluetooth Debug Menu: Reset Devices and More – The Mac Observer

I haven't tried yet... I'm too tired tonight and I have more work to do anyway.

Goodnight and thank you all for your help.

Apple Magic Mouse Keeps Disconnecting from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.