Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cold weather cracked iPhone X camera lens

Never been dropped. New device.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 15, 2018 2:59 PM

14 replies

Jan 15, 2018 3:14 PM in response to Philly_Phan

When I replace this for a new phone, just never expose it to 45 degree ferenheight weather right? If I am correct, apple’s website states the following: Environmental Requirements

• Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
  • Nonoperating temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)

Feb 1, 2018 12:23 PM in response to JF12ATA

I had exactly the same crack, event the location of the crack is about the same! Bought iPhone X right before Christmas, and found a crack on the rear camera glass last night. The phone has been used with cover all the time and no drop or accident. Went to Apple Store this morning and was told to pay $549 to have it fixed. Are you kidding me Apple??? This obviously is a design/material flaw! We are so very disappointed. Currently all family members are using iPhone but with such a bad experience we will switch.

Is anyone from Apple actively monitoring this discussion board?

Feb 2, 2018 11:32 AM in response to Philly_Phan

If the windchill hit -35 or -40, I would be able to use the phone, for probably 30 seconds before it shut down. But if the temperature is more than -25, my phone does not come out unless it's indoors and if I'm outside, I move it from my pants pocket to the inside pocket of my jacket.

But so far, I've never had that issue in the "arctic tundra" that is Southern Ontario. Lol.

Cold weather cracked iPhone X camera lens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.