Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time"

I've been getting that message "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time" every single time I open an app that was downloaded or purchased from the iTunes store. My software on my phone is up to date on its current version (iOS 11.2.2). So how can I stop that message from coming up every time I open an app???

Posted on Jan 22, 2018 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2018 4:29 PM

Hi blondeandpink93,

I understand that you get a message that the iTunes Store is unable to process your purchase every time you try to open an app. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend going through the troubleshooting provided for this sort of issue in the following article:

If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
92 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2018 4:29 PM in response to blondeandpink93

Hi blondeandpink93,

I understand that you get a message that the iTunes Store is unable to process your purchase every time you try to open an app. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend going through the troubleshooting provided for this sort of issue in the following article:

If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Jan 28, 2018 6:34 AM in response to CarlAVII

This did not help! I am in South Africa and have been having this problem all day. All I want to do is download an app I have previously had on my iPhone device. This makes me never want to purchase Apple products ever again! I am not making a purchase I am trying to downlown an app in which you can make purchases. This is absolutely terrible!

Mar 27, 2018 1:41 PM in response to CarlAVII

Same here - also I can’t log in into AppStore after I tried to log out and change password - I’m really worried about the fact I’m not even able to update my apps! When I start updating them the information pops out and everything is off... Tried everything, iOS is updated I verified the internet, try to log in log out, change password and try to change payment option...User uploaded file

Mar 27, 2018 1:14 PM in response to michalfromcrawley

Same problem here. It's affecting my iPhone, iTunes on my PC, my partner's iPhone and my partner's iTunes on his Mac. I've emailed Apple support but 48 hrs response time. I found some earlier discussion where people said they had solved it by turning off wifi and updating an app using their mobile signal and then it clears when they go back on wifi again but others said that fix had stopped working -- in any case it's not working for me. Like everyone else, not trying to make purchases, just use apps already have and in some cases have paid for! Very annoying.

Mar 27, 2018 1:20 PM in response to CarlAVII

I’m having say issue trying to update apps & trying to download apps. The iTunes Store I’m unable to process purchases at this time. Tried with WiFi, cellular but still same error.

Tried my wife’s phone on same network WiFi & she can update/download no problem, the same with my sons phone.

I even logged out & back in again but still same error.

Why is ur working for some & not others.

Help required lkease

"The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.