Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

visual voicemail transcription not working on iPhone 7 after iOS11 update

I saw this reply from Nov 17, 2017:

User uploaded fileestoppel101Nov 21, 2017 5:02 AM in response to TexasPeach

User uploaded file Level 1 (14 points)

User uploaded file

iPhone

Nov 21, 2017 5:02 AM Re: visual voicemail transcription not working on iPhone 7 after iOS11 updatein response to TexasPeach

I found a solution to this issue on another website forum that worked for me. I too did not have visual VM after upgrading to ios11. I have an iPhone 7 with Verizon. Tried everything. Resets, wiping the phone and starting as a new phone, and re-provisioning but no luck. Verizon was no hope and the Apple support site was not either. The trick the other poster said to do is to go into Settings and Siri. Turn on Select Siri with Home button. Now reset the phone. After it starts back up, conduct a test call and leave a VM. Voila, it worked again for me. I then disabled the Siri with Home button and visual VM continued to work. Weird bug.

NOTE: This solution worked for me too. Just wanted to clarify one thing in the steps taken. When estoppel101 said "now reset the phone", what is really meant is to just power down the phone, then power it back on. A full reset is NOT required.

Posted on Jan 24, 2018 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 6:25 PM

This worked for me. (Turn Siri on, restart phone, turn Siri off again) I usually have Siri turned off. My mom doesn't, and she has not had the trouble getting visual voicemail/voicemail transcription to work. Maybe it's a glitch, and turning off Siri causes voicemail transcription not to work??

2 replies

visual voicemail transcription not working on iPhone 7 after iOS11 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.