Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple application support 64 bit not installing

apple application support 64 bit not installing.

Posted on Jan 25, 2018 4:41 PM

22 replies

Jan 26, 2018 5:39 PM in response to carl248

Any outstanding updates if you run Windows Update?

See also https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-d ownloadshttps://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-d ownloads. May also help to install some additional visual C++ libraries. You may possibly need 2005, 2008, and 2010.

If you want to dig deeper into the installation error take a look at Re: Can't install iTunes 12.1 on Windows 7 64-bit.

tt2

Jan 26, 2018 9:33 AM in response to javaliga

Thanks Javaliga for your reply I have performed all that you have recommended and more but still to no avail. All the other software in the itune package install but the apple application 64 will not in stall . These are the error 1935 and hresult 0x80070003 .Itune will open and I get this message error 45075 a required component is not installed which is the apple application support 64-bit I even tried vredist x64.exe to no avail. With your help I know that we will find the answer. Thanks

Jan 26, 2018 9:52 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your swift reply I am running avast which is known to conflict with the sfc /scannow files and checksur packaging. I ran the redistributable package before and at your advice I just ran it again and got the error 1935 during the installation attempt then the process rolls back. Do you think that I should uninstall avast and then uninstall and reinstall itunes?

Jan 26, 2018 2:52 PM in response to turingtest2

I have performed all the tasks but to no avail as of yet. I even ran a sfc /scannow and another checksur no corrupt or packaging . I tried to extract the files with winrar also along with the other methods and get the same results, also tried to see if the files were in the appdata temp file to copy and paste those files in the c: directory all to no avail. Once I get this fix I will become a expert at this because of all the methods that I have learned and tried out, this is a challenge.

Jan 26, 2018 4:33 PM in response to turingtest2

Yes I tried that utility few times to no avail, and I tried it again at your request same result, this is what I have found, when I try to install the itunes 64 setup with in administrative mode only the apple application 32 bit gets install only .When I use winrar and extract the files all the installers install except apple application support 64 which leads to all the other errors 1935, hresult 0x8007003 and 45075 when I try to open up itunes using the winrar gets me close but no cigar. The main thing is attacking what is causing those 3 errors that is my humble and honest opinion.

Jan 27, 2018 5:45 PM in response to turingtest2

Tried all the suggestions and recommendations and still not able to install apple application support 64 and halve install apple mobile device support. mobile device error says failed to start verify that you have sufficient privilege to start system services and in windows services.msc I get the error 1053 when i try to start the service in the services .msc. The registry path for itune6464.msi is different from mines, my path is computer \hkey users\ lots of numbers\software\microsoft\windows\current version\explorer\run mru and not the one that is written in the directions also copying and pasting the the text to produce the installation logs said this installation package could not be opened verify that the package exist. With all this feed back hopefully one of you geniuses can figure this out, believe you me I have tried for 5 days now.

Jan 30, 2018 12:14 PM in response to carl248

I fixed the problem this morning at 3:30 am after 6 days of studying and analyzing the issues that were hindering the installation itunes and it's component. The answer came to view after I started to ask myself different questions concerning the matter which led me to take a different approach to solving this things, which no one seem to know how to directly solve. The problem is not itunes perse but the winsxs(side by side) was the the culprit hindering the itune components to install properly. The errors 1935, hresult 0x80070003, 1053,45075, and 1013. these are the things that should be analyzed and not reinstalling itunes 30 times with different versions and getting the same results. Error 1935 is the main error to fix if not you are stuck. after downloading itunes use the winrar to extract the files to your c drive . Go to the c:windows\winsxs get permissions of that folder and then create a new folder within that folder and name it InstallTemp come out of that folder and restart your computer then one by one install all of itunes components and the apple application support 64 should finally install which opens up the full usage of itunes. This took me 6 days and 8 hours a day going through all the suggested fixes ,on this fix you must go out of the box and analyze the errors which leads to what is causing the hindrance. Please always create a restore before trying this and back up your registry. Do and sfc/scannow and system readiness tool checksur to make sure your files and your packaging are not corrupt . If reinstalling itunes with different versions is not working then it maybe winsxs side by side stopping the installation.

apple application support 64 bit not installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.