Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck on restore screen

My phone is stuck on a screen that says "support.apple.com/iphone/restore. The screen has the iTunes logo and a pic of a connector pointing to the iTunes logo. I have plugged it in to iTunes several times. I keep getting a message in iTunes that the phone cannot be restored due to unknown error (9). When I try to chat or schedule a call with Apple support, it asks for the serial number of the phone, which I cannot get to because the phone is stuck on this screen. I can't update the software or do anything. It's just stuck on this screen. What do I do?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 25, 2018 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2018 7:19 AM

I'm not a Mac user, however with my iTunes in Windows, I just hover the mouse pointer over the backup and a window pops up and provides me with information about the phone, including the serial number.

And these are not sermons, they are answers to your questions, providing troubleshooting steps for you. You can go to https://www.apple.com/retail select the store you wish to go to, and then give them a call.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2018 7:19 AM in response to dddog

I'm not a Mac user, however with my iTunes in Windows, I just hover the mouse pointer over the backup and a window pops up and provides me with information about the phone, including the serial number.

And these are not sermons, they are answers to your questions, providing troubleshooting steps for you. You can go to https://www.apple.com/retail select the store you wish to go to, and then give them a call.

iPhone stuck on restore screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.